GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what adapters or anything do i need to run my system out of my old truck in the new one? i dont want to have to get a new head unit...i like my steering wheel controls. lol. and anybody on the east side of houston thats good with this stuff feel free to come help me hook it up...i have no idea about this crap :anitoof: thanks!

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can buy an adapter for an aftermarket h/u...to keep your steering wheel controls....As for being able to hook up an amp to a stock h/u... umm... i don't know if its possible or not. (haven't looked on the back..)but i don't think they have an input / output..

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but i think the adapter for the wheel controls to work is $$$$

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
there is an adapter its pretty cheap, maybe 15 bucks to run a stock hu it splices into the speaker wires and you plug the rcas into it. had it ran like that in my truck for about a week. the stock hu just didnt cut it for me, not nearly enough control over the subs or even the door speakers. and aftermarket hus sound better, at least with mine

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man...now you've given me some ideas...lol now i can dump a bunch of money into my set up. lol. after i get all my stuff squared away at the house i'll start in on this..

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
You need the PAC adapters I cant remember part#. I did this in my Escalade with the Bose HU and it works flawlessly. I added a RF amp and Memphis sub. I had to tap into the factory sub to get the signal for my new sub. Hardest part was removing the center console.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts