GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built up the 4L60 on 2K Z71ECSB and have quite abit of power under the hood now. I snapped that aluminum driveshaft like it doesn't belong there. The damn U-joint didn't have a chance to break...it just came right out of the bearing cups. LOL F-ing KOOL! :head: However...got a small tiny crack in the connection plate between the differential and transimission. :argh: Damage to be expected I guess...but...that's a dry connection. Sucks to have fluid coming from there. My question finally, is once I get that all apart and probably find that differential casing damaged...is there body that sells parts to harden up the differential like they do on the transmissions? The last couple of pics on website is the damage to the driveshaft if anyone is interested. THNX!

·
In Denial
280 Posts
I'm definitely going with a 4" d/s w/ 1350-series joints after seeing these pics.

Sorry about your misfortune man.

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh..my 1350 Nitro Shaft from Thrash Driveshaft in San Antonio is on the way. GM stock shaft is $600 and the Nitro fully loaded is $350.

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the hell was I talking about...I meant upgardes to TRANSFER CASES...ugh. I am an idiot. It's the early morning vodka shots...they make type other parts.... :drunk:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Hrm... strange I haven't seen too many broken drive shafts on the 4x4s.

What kinda power are you making and how were you driving when this happened?

·
Registered
343 Posts
looks like a radix'd 5.3. Something was defective on your driveshaft, or you were trying to do a burnout or something and torqued the shit out of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
looks like H/C as well. NICE engine :head:

·
Registered
343 Posts
ohhhhh a yank TC too :rocking:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Still, something stupid must have happened to kill it or it was just defective. I've seen enough fast 4x4s with stock drivelines that haven't broken anything.

I have a Yank TC too...

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coming down an on ramp onto the highway...downgrade. The traffic was huggin the right lane so I had to slow to about 10 MPH...then I saw my window of opportunity and I stomped on it...BOOM. Loud noise and no forward momentum.
Since mods...I have only been on the road for 800 miles. I have no clue to my horsepower...I can only tell you the mods. Real good friend of mine...build motors and monster trucks says I am probably pushing mid 500's in HP. However, he isn't very experienced with the radix and he mostly deals with alcohol run mods....sooo...who knows until I am ready to dyno. And quiet frankly...I really don't care too much for puttin her on the dyno. I just wanna run a quarter mile. With driver, the weight should be about 5100lbs. So once I get a solid 1/4 mile in...I can figure the RWHP. I agree...definitely odd the driveshaft went so quickly...but it did...got the pics and less money in my bank account to prove it!

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The mods on her are...
2000 Silvy Z71 1500 5.3L(bored 20 1/1000ths over)-K&N FIPK,Radix w/3.0 pulley, Comp218/224 .563/.568 115,CNC P&P heads w/dual springs oversized intake and exhaust valves,JE forged SC'r pistons,Rollmaster timing set,160stat,new wires,TR6's,Dynatech headers&Hiflow cats and Y-Pipe w/3" duals all the way back into 2 Aero-Turbine Mufflers then 4Zoomer Saw Cut Tips ,heavy heavy duty 4L60E w/ Transgo Kit and vette servo,YankTT3000,Oversized Brembo front brakes w/SS 20"Rims,CalvertRacing traction bars,HellWing front and rear sway bars,w/4.10 front and rear. AND besides the rims, she still looks stock.

So any known heavy up mods for the transfer case any one know of?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldn't doubt close to 500 rwhp on a Dynojet :head:

great job on all of that, and sorry I have absolutely no idea about Tcases :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts