GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
woo
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is doing something odd on the passenger hvac controls. I have it set to auto mode and passenger side gets hot then cold, then back to hot again and just repeats the process. I changed out the actuator in the middle of the dash to the left of the airbag but I am still having the same problem. I hooked a scanner up to it to see if I could see whats going on and theres a sensor labeled RH AC Duct Actual...I watch the sensor, once it gets below 70* it drops down and says in in the 20s and thats when all the heat comes from the passenger vents. Then after a little the temp resets and goes back to normal.

Where the hell is this sensor located so I can try changing that out? Ive been trying to track down some diagrams online but havent been able to find anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You changed the LH. RH under the passenger air bag and you need to pull the dash.

·
woo
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You changed the LH. RH under the passenger air bag and you need to pull the dash.
Inside the box? I thought all actuators were external of that box.

The one I replaced you can see from the glovebox, on top of the hvac box, in the middle of the dash and not in the lower section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts