GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a hot cam perform in a truck with a 5.3 and bolt ons? and would it have anoff bottom end for 36s with 4.56s?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
The LS1 Hot Cam is a tuning nightmare! If you want a cam for bottom end I recommend the Comps XR259HR 206/212 .515/.522 112LSA. 800-5800RPM power band. Good low-end and it should have a nice lope too!

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would i need a stall for it or not and i ment the ls1 hot cam and i would be running headers true duals intake and a nelson tune.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
black4x4 said:
would i need a stall for it or not and i ment the ls1 hot cam and i would be running headers true duals intake and a nelson tune.
Id shoot for a different cam either way. The LS1 hot cam is nearly a copy of the LT1 hot cam. Its basically made for a regular SBC.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
black4x4 said:

You have a stall convertor now. A higher stall convertor would help you out. Along with that, you need a tranny cooler. Gears would also be a good idea.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Nah, you want a different cam than the Hot Cam...it's such an old grind it's not even funny.

What are you trying to achieve power-wise?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts