GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston Body shops! HELP (and my horrible exp at Texas OutLaw Collision on pg.2)

Just got a quote from kustom werx saying they would get me a sir michaels rollpan, weld it in, paint it and everything as well as shave the tailgate completely for $1000. Just wanting to know what other shops I should call up around the North Houston area to see if I can get some cheaper prices..

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Drive to Baytown to Pats Paint Werx :imo

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Kustom werk's sucks...they do great work if you have $15k for a custom job, but there reg work like your getting is horrible. I had them paint a bumper/valance once...went to pick it up and it had a hair in the paint...I complained and the owner said I was too picky...wtf...a damn hair in the paint is okay with them...plus it was either a 3" long beard or a helluva pube hair?

Check with Blue02...he knows a paint shop that does great work near tomball area.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/member.php?u=601

or try Pat, he is in Baytown

http://www.texastruckscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
it looked like a pube from someone who hs never trimmed their yard :puke:...black hair on a white bumper.

btw...the paint flaked off the valance later on because they didnt prep it right...paid them $500 too...didnt jew him down or anything

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
That's why I pay with credit cards on stuff like that, charge FTW, assuming it peeled off within the grace period.

I had a dude paint my SS bumper on my 2005 and he didn't put any flex stuff on the urathane, chipped the first time I washed it. Went back and he denied he painted it b/c I didn't have my bill. Charged it back! Money refunded.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Where are you located? My buddy owns Texas Outlaw Customs in Tomball. Hit me up if you want me to get you in contact with him. Your not gonna beat his prices. Well not if you throw my name out there.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Where are you located? My buddy owns Texas Outlaw Customs in Tomball. Hit me up if you want me to get you in contact with him. Your not gonna beat his prices. Well not if you throw my name out there.
:word: and quality work too

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Ive heard great things from them. I was going to have my Fatboy painted by them. Great guys to work with :imo

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know what his price would be for the same work. I'd love to get this work done next week or the week after at a far better price. Also wouldn't mind getting my esky handles installed along with the mirrors painted and some colormatching up front.

·
Team White
2,532 Posts
Kustom werk's sucks...they do great work if you have $15k for a custom job, but there reg work like your getting is horrible. I had them paint a bumper/valance once...went to pick it up and it had a hair in the paint...I complained and the owner said I was too picky...wtf...a damn hair in the paint is okay with them...plus it was either a 3" long beard or a helluva pube hair?

Check with Blue02...he knows a paint shop that does great work near tomball area.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/member.php?u=601

or try Pat, he is in Baytown

http://www.texastruckscene.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68
That sucks ass.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Let me know what his price would be for the same work. I'd love to get this work done next week or the week after at a far better price. Also wouldn't mind getting my esky handles installed along with the mirrors painted and some colormatching up front.
install your own eskys and save your cash.:imo

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
i just got my sir michael steel rollpan, front bumper cap, mirrors smoothed and painted, and a tailgate that i bought shaved repainted for $450 3 days ago. it only took two days and they came out great i dont know where your at but its a shop in spring called the body shop. i can get you the guys number if you want.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
it looked like a pube from someone who hs never trimmed their yard :puke:...black hair on a white bumper.

btw...the paint flaked off the valance later on because they didnt prep it right...paid them $500 too...didnt jew him down or anything
That is fucking nasty and sucks to hear.

i just got my sir michael steel rollpan, front bumper cap, mirrors smoothed and painted, and a tailgate that i bought shaved repainted for $450 3 days ago. it only took two days and they came out great i dont know where your at but its a shop in spring called the body shop. i can get you the guys number if you want.
That is a fucking steal!!! That paint place gave you a good deal. But the question is do you have any pictures to prove how good the work was?

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
That is fucking nasty and sucks to hear.

That is a fucking steal!!! That paint place gave you a good deal. But the question is do you have any pictures to prove how good the work was?
YA but im at work so this is the only one i got right now im goin to post some more up later...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, PM me a number. I'll have to give them a call as well and see what kinda prices they will give me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
yeah go to texas outlaws in tomball ive seen alot of there work and if i ever need to get something painted again im goin to go through them, might be alittle more expencive but the quailty of their work is amazing

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
wonder how much he would charge to smooth/paint my front valance :hmm:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked it over with Gary at Texas Outlaws and he was very nice over the phone. Worked with me on the price and am gonna bring it in on Monday. Getting a bunch of stuff colormatched as well as the welded in rollpan and shaved tailgate. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I'll post pictures afterwards to show everyone the work.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts