GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would you put all that work into then sell it?
Could he really make any money on it.
He write he has put $26000.00 into custom work & truck to buy would be what $35000.00 plus taxes so he would need about $65000.00 to break even.
Can someone explane the reason to sell it

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
airbalancer said:
Why would you put all that work into then sell it?
Could he really make any money on it.
He write he has put $26000.00 into custom work & truck to buy would be what $35000.00 plus taxes so he would need about $65000.00 to break even.
Can someone explane the reason to sell it
Often wondered the same thing. I guess some people will buy anything :anitoof:

Actually, had a friend once who built drag cars. As soon as he would finish building one, He'd put a for sale sign in the window, asking some outrageous price. I asked him why he did that, and he said that if anybody was dumb enough to pay that price, then he would be dumb enough to sell it :anitoof:

Nice truck though! AND it has a front driveshaft! Will wonders never cease....
:bowtie:

·
Registered
10 Posts
00GMC4x4 said:
now thats what i call a chevy. :worship:
Yep - Nice truck.

In response to the questions on why would someone fix up a truck like that and then turn around and sell it??? I work in the world of finance and what alot of people end up doing is racking up a ton of debt building vehicles, homes, motorhomes, boat, etcs up to be exactly what they want and then realize, HOLY SH*T, I have to pay how much on my Credit cards??? They then realize they can't afford to pay for what they have done. Another alternative is the problem I think we wish we all had ( :head: ), lots of disposable income!! Maybe sold a business or their business pays the bills.. We run into that alot in the ATV business. Guys spend 20k on a banshee and run all the bills through their construction biz... It becomes a biz expense if they hide it right... The LAST thing that I have seen people do ( I have this problem as well), is that they LOVE the process of building vehicles and such from nothing into jaw dropping works of art. Once they have done what they want, they move onto the next project... When you drop 70k into a rig, what more can you do??? Thats just my .02! :rocking:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Umm, question, in this pic:

39_4.jpg

The bump stops are right on the spring plates. Guy worried that more than 1" of up travel will smash his fenders? Damn posers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts