GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well basically goes like this....friend called me to pull him out cuz he got his ext cab stuck, my dad had the duramax, so i hopped in the not so fun 05 2500HD 6.0, 4.10gears from the factory etc.

tried pulling him out, but his tow strap wasnt long enough for me to stay on the road, tried pulling him out from the ditch angle and that didnt work since we had 3" of rain the night before.i slide down more than i helped him get out...

i say, hey, i'll just go around you...floor it in 4lo in 2nd gear....didnt workout so well cuz i didnt see how deep the hole in front of me was...lol. so here's the 6.0HD getting pwnt by nature for the first time, lol.

1175125774.gif

1175120467.gif

1175125392.gif

1175120734.gif

bout 20min later we had a couple more hd's out there and about 35ft of log chain that finally got us out....fuck tow straps they arent long enough, 4" log chain FTW!

Dave

EDIT: sorry for the halfway shitty pics, my new phone isnt as good as i'd like it to be...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
You got to get it muddy and stuck though, that's why you have a 4WD, isn't it? lol. Sucks that you got it stuck though.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all good, it was like 80* so it was a beautiful day to get it stuck and just sit in the bed drinkin beer, lol.

yeah i know, but its not my truck, and we pull wagons with them to the elevator, so they work good for great tire life, lol.

Dave

·
Free us our blind state
421 Posts
I figured you'd just go get a tractor too... It's nice to just back right up to a truck sunk like that, then drag it right out with the tractor idling...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we dont have a loader that'd pull it out....and we havent pulled our equiptment outta the sheds yet, so i've gotta get shit worked on first.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts