GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine has a 99 Taco and is sick of his crappy plastic drop-in liner. Truck has about 110k on it now so I don't think he wants to pay $350 for a line-x. I've seen just-applied photos on the forums before, but was just curious how these are holding up longer term.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, here's a truck that's at my shop right now. We're going to apply color matched LINE-X Xtra to the ENTIRE exterior. The truck has a do-it-yourself liner in it and we're going to strip it out. It looks really bad and it's worn down in many areas. I don't know what brand it is.

GrayExt1.gif

GrayExt3.gif

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
roll-ons are OK if you never plan on actually using the bed.

when it comes time to throw a 300lb plow in the bed, I look to Line-X.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here's a truck that's at my shop right now. We're going to apply color matched LINE-X Xtra to the ENTIRE exterior. The truck has a do-it-yourself liner in it and we're going to strip it out. It looks really bad and it's worn down in many areas. I don't know what brand it is.
PLEASE post pics of that when its done, that's going to be awesome.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
tell him to get it professionally done....mine professionally done (no name on it and was done by previous owner) but its thick as hell and very durable. ive bought the shit from wal-mart by dupont and have sprayed sub boxes and my fishing pole holder and its crap.

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Yeah, I love the line-x and am encouraging him to cough up the money for it...and I bet he'll keep the truck for another 5 years (he bought it new). 6-ft taco bed can't cost all that much to line-x.
$75 a year :imo

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i have herculiner on my truck and it looks like crap did 3 layers thats 2 cans,i mean its good if u dont use ur bed at al but if u use it then ill say pro sprayed bed liner is the way to go.:imo

·
2,227 Posts

GrayExt1.gif

GrayExt3.gif
do you know the specs of this truck

not to thread jack

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Dont use roll on by Dupont, mine was flaking in under 6 mos. Good luck with whatever you use. LINE X all the way for us now.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i cant tell you how many ive stripped out and redone. jeeps and accessories as well. it may save money in the short run, but in the long run it will actually cost you more since you had to pay for it in the beginning, and then pay extra to have it removed later on. do it right the first time IMO

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here's some pics of that truck. Note: Unfortunately, it's a cloudy/rainy/nasty day. So, pics had to be taken inside. In the sun, it would be more glossy. Again, this LINE-X Xtra in a gray color match.

GrayXtra4.jpg

GrayXtra3.jpg

GrayXtra2.jpg

GrayXtra1.jpg

This is obviously a different truck, but this is Xtra in a Charcoal Beige color match. This pic is in the sun, notice the sun reflections, which really look good in person.
F450charcbeige1.jpg

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
that truck looks pretty cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts