GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I got a Nelson Tune, How bad would it be on a 100k motor and how bad would it be to run only 20% Torque Management on a 100k tranny with a B&M Shift Kit with a vette Servo?

My tires bark consitently at half throttle from 1-2 when the tires are cold and I have yet to install the vette servo.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Hard to say, I have no TqMgt and am at 77K on a stock trans with a TransGo with both billets only.

It's going to be a throw of the dice or your call on this. If you do it, just have TqMgt pull timing at the shifts...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Engine is just barely broken in, tranny is anyones guess. Adding more power and decreasing the "safety" feature on the tranny can't be real great for it though :imo

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whifflebat said:
Engine is just barely broken in, tranny is anyones guess. Adding more power and decreasing the "safety" feature on the tranny can't be real great for it though :imo
When i took the valve body and separator plate out last weekend everything looked in excellent shape, but there was a bunch of microscopic metal everywhere,;...especially on the magnet on the bottom of the pan.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
That metal is normal... clutches engauge and disengauge so that's where it comes from. :shake:

·
Registered
241 Posts
What exactly does 20% Torque Management mean? I understand you are reducing TM, but is it reducing it 20% or 80%? and more importantly does that mean instead of pulling Ignition Advance at 3000 RPM it may pull timing later in the rev range?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
vhato said:
What exactly does 20% Torque Management mean? I understand you are reducing TM, but is it reducing it 20% or 80%? and more importantly does that mean instead of pulling Ignition Advance at 3000 RPM it may pull timing later in the rev range?

I assume 20% left or reduced by 80% from 100%... :think:

Prolly just pulls timing at the shift point only.

·
Registered
343 Posts
also consider an MTI tune :imo

·
Registered
378 Posts
that means 80% tqm removal. that means it will pull less timing when he goes to shift. mti tunes will not compare to a nelson tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.