GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how big of a tire could I go on a 2004 GMC 1500 4x4 with a bodylift and bushwacker cutouts running stock wheels?

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
How big a body lift and how big of cut outs ????

Assuming the norm..... a 305/70/16 on a 16x8 with stock to 5" of back spacing seems to work

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I would go a 33, with cutouts you could fit 35s but i wouldnt do it, rather have more room for offroad. then when you do a suspension lift you could run 35x14.50s with nice flat angles

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so 315's would be out the question? I like the look of 315's on stockers MY buddy runs them on his truck which is a dodge and it looks great.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
i think you could run 315's on stock rims very effectivly with that combo of lift and cutouts actually, but i dont know much about the cutouts themselves, because they dont hack at the stock bumper where you could rub. That would look quite killer actually and would be original and keep your stock shocks and all, my friend has 305 mtr's on his bodylifted 2003 and they look great.

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
Jeff said:
you could run 315s on stock rims no problems with a body lift and cutouts.......but where have you seen 03+ cutouts????
:word:

I know what I wrote above but I also have to say that I have seen many with stk wheels..... NO body lift or cut outs... and run 305 and 315 (the 315 are usually on HD thou).

The GMC dealer by my house does this to use on his baja race team as chase trucks. I have looked for rub marks and found very few.

·
Registered
832 Posts
you could fit the 315's on your stockers. It wont look bad. Remember when dixe from the other site had 315s on his stock truck...i thought it looked good. I doubt you would rub when flexing offroad...the Front wont flex veryt much at all to begin with and the rear will tuck. I say go for 315/75s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts