GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big is the stock exhaust piping on 1996 chevy tahoes? Also, I am just gonna say screw a whole exhaust and buy 2 cutouts...where should i mount them? after each cat or a little bit behind the headers but before the cats...i wish these trucks were just a y-pipe stock, but its the stupid dual pipe setup...

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
b u m p

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Try to give us more than an hour or so to reply... ;)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
How big is the stock exhaust piping on 1996 chevy tahoes? Also, I am just gonna say screw a whole exhaust and buy 2 cutouts...where should i mount them? after each cat or a little bit behind the headers but before the cats...i wish these trucks were just a y-pipe stock, but its the stupid dual pipe setup...

Stock exhuast is 2.5" iirc. Also, I prefer the "stupid dual pipe setup," but that's just me. I'm not exactly sure about where to mount cut-outs but I believe people usually do them between the headers and cats.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know the dual pipe setup pretty much makes it like true duals except one muffler, however, I like the scavenging abilities of an x or h pipe...just personal preference I guess...

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
on the 94 i have a 5.7L with a 3in "Y" and 3in to the muffler and dual 2.5 out DUMPED my cut out is right after the flanged cat.
th_mytruck1994.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts