GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get double shocks on the back of my 03 2wd......Where do I get the mounts? And what exactly do I need to make double shocks work?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
FTS has a dual rear setup, along with CST. Pull up Mauro's thread with pics of his new truck. He is running FTS's dual rear shock setup and it looks great.

·
Registered
551 Posts
you dont need dual shocks in the back

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Why? It even looks gay, the ride would suck too

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
You could always be like other people that just have to have the dual shock look. Run 4 shocks but only 2 actually work. The other 2 just have holes drilled in them. Not that I agree with this idea but at least your ride will be the same.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could always be like other people that just have to have the dual shock look. Run 4 shocks but only 2 actually work. The other 2 just have holes drilled in them. Not that I agree with this idea but at least your ride will be the same.
Nah Im not gonna spend that extra cash to have my ride suffer, and if I got them I defintely would want them functional.......So no dice on the dual rears

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
MX-6 remote rezzi's. That'd be just right. That way you could turn them down to have a soft ride.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nah Im not gonna spend that extra cash to have my ride suffer, and if I got them I defintely would want them functional.......So no dice on the dual rears
in a 1500 the ride is only going to get worse. u can put teh shocks back there and have no air in them. or u can just not spend the money and have a smoother ride

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in a 1500 the ride is only going to get worse. u can put teh shocks back there and have no air in them. or u can just not spend the money and have a smoother ride
Yea Im not going to waste my money....Ill just keep saving for the 10-12" Cognito lift I want to get.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yep, people run them primarily just for looks. I actually prefer a stiffer/more controlled ride, so I wouldn't mind them. I suspect that they would give a truck a better "feel" when towing or hauling heavy loads. Offroad, they won't fade as quickly... but the average daily driver or offroader doesn't have to worry about fading a single shock setup... so... yeah, they're not really needed.

It's kind of the same principle for running dual front shocks or reservoir shocks. Nobody really needs them, but they look pretty. If I had the money, I'd run a setup like Mauro's... just because it looks BA. However, I am poor, which is why I drive a stock 2wd. :cry:

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, people run them primarily just for looks. I actually prefer a stiffer/more controlled ride, so I wouldn't mind them. I suspect that they would give a truck a better "feel" when towing or hauling heavy loads. Offroad, they won't fade as quickly... but the average daily driver or offroader doesn't have to worry about fading a single shock setup... so... yeah, they're not really needed.

It's kind of the same principle for running dual front shocks or reservoir shocks. Nobody really needs them, but they look pretty. If I had the money, I'd run a setup like Mauro's... just because it looks BA. However, I am poor, which is why I drive a stock 2wd. :cry:
didnt you used to have a lifted ride or no?

Im defintely getting the double shocks upfront, once I change over to the cognito lift

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
belmont has struck again :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts