GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
DrtBoy
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get my windows tinted, but would still like some visibility at night. For those of you that have blacked out your windows, do you wish you would have gone lighter? How dark are the back windows from the factory on a 04 sierrra ex cab?

My options are:

A) Match the front windows to the back with a brow for $60

or

B) Make all the windows darker w/ brow for $150

Any input would be great. I have never gotten tint put on, so Im not sure how much it sucks with 5% or so...

I have also been recommended to tint my windshield 35% instead of doing the brow... I know this is illegal, but was told its better than just a brow

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had 5% on my fronts and 5% over stock on the backs with a 6inch 5% strip and I liked it and miss it but got popped for it and pealed the front two off. Probably not gonna do it that dark again on my next truck just to keep from getting hassled. 5% will be hard for you to get used to especially at night if you've never had it, I was always rolling down my windows at night to back up haha

·
GMFS Military Member
1,177 Posts
I ran 15% over factory tint in rear and 15% up front and 30% on the windshield with a 5% brow and I love it. It dark enough not to see in but you can see out just fine.

I used 5% for the brow so you can see it on the outside so its kinda deceiving for cops a lot of people don't realize my front windshield is tinted cause of the brow...makes them think the sides are really dark I guess...

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

·
Need Moar Low
2,286 Posts
No sir,just always where sunglasses,and also have a non polarized pair for when im in the truck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually after working 3rd shift for the past 3.5 years my eyes are extremely sensitive to light.. Lol

I run 20% over top of 5% on the rear and side windows and a 2.5% eyebrow and 5% mustache on mine. I do have to have my windows down to see at night but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love my setup.

Honestly it all comes down to personal preference. I love how my truck is but my buddy has a dodge with 15% on sides and rear with a 5% brow and he loves his and hates mine. It's just tint, it can be changed if ya dont like it. But then again I tint my own shit so I just have to pay for tint

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to run 5% all the way around but law is a factor so i been running 5% int the rear with a windshield strip, and 20% on the front windows but still to light :imo

·
GMC Owner
391 Posts
I run 5% on all my back windows. 35% on my driver and passenger just to be legal. And a windshield strip. But I would love to do 5% all the way around, but the law will get me for it. I like my setup but its a little too bright still. I love it being dark. No one can see me. Lol
:favorites37:

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
shit. I've got 5% on my rear window, 35 on my sides and a 5% brow and I still find myself rolling down the windows at night taking corners and backing up... Thinking about going to 20 or 25 on the front windows, just not sure how the cops around here would like it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
shit. I've got 5% on my rear window, 35 on my sides and a 5% brow and I still find myself rolling down the windows at night taking corners and backing up... Thinking about going to 20 or 25 on the front windows, just not sure how the cops around here would like it...
your rolling them down with 35 on the passenger windows?

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
your rolling them down with 35 on the passenger windows?
Yeah my eyesight's pretty bad. I wear contacts but seems to be worse in the dark...Got worse since I put my pillar gauges in, think they are too bright, makes it hard to see out the driverside. Been thinking about putting some resistors in or something to dim them down.

·
GMC Owner
391 Posts
You can also turn the knob down on your right depending if you have your gauges hooked up to them or not. I ride with the brightness all the way down. Easier on my eyes.

·
sparkplugsareforpussies.
194 Posts
You can also turn the knob down on your right depending if you have your gauges hooked up to them or not. I ride with the brightness all the way down. Easier on my eyes.
Nah I don't have mine wired into the dimmer. Full bright all the time.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts