GMC Truck Forum banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
The Tint Man
654 Posts
Hell if anyone needs precut film shoot me a message, don't mind helping people out I`ll do my best to give a decent price.
I use llumar atc film ---- darkness I use 35%,15% and 5% pick your flavor.... lol

·
ya gotta pay to play
7,583 Posts
Hell if anyone needs precut film shoot me a message, don't mind helping people out I`ll do my best to give a decent price.
I use llumar atc film ---- darkness I use 35%,15% and 5% pick your flavor.... lol
Good man..and I can stand and say llumar is one of the best on the market. The 5% registers 3 and 15 registers 12. 35 is 35. My cop buddy let me borrow his tint reader and I took it to the tint shop to see

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've got 20 all the way around. My windshield was all 20% too but I freaked and took it off. The guy at the tint place messed up it was suppose to 35% whole shield 5% on everything else. I've always ran 5 so I'm use to it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
just spray paint all your windows...

·
Nuke 'um ... just sayin'
273 Posts
That's nuts! I got tagged for having 30% on the front windows instead of the 43%...Utah sucks haha!

I wouldn't make to the end of my street with any tint on the windshield before they pull me over. You guys have nice cops to get away with that dark of tinting haha... It is now a misdemeanor offense to have too dark of tint instead of just a fix-it-ticket in Utah (SOO ridiculous). Mine is getting 50% on the sides and 5% in the back. Gonna look....crappy!

Oh well, you guys enjoy your dark tint...

·
Matt
1,106 Posts
get that eye doctors excuse
No workie in Texas... Got rid of that law, but most police officers don't really bother with it. Kinda dumb anyhow

Sent from God's Country

·
The Tint Man
654 Posts
Medical waivers still work for tint, I have one. Just make sure its in vehicle. The waivers these days it tied to vehicle with vin on it.
I get stopped all the time, just show waiver and off I go....have a nice day....lol

·
Matt
1,106 Posts
Medical waivers still work for tint, I have one. Just make sure its in vehicle. The waivers these days it tied to vehicle with vin on it.
I get stopped all the time, just show waiver and off I go....have a nice day....lol
I asked about getting one at the DPS and that's what the trooper told me and the guy at the tint shop said the same and that is the go to tint shop in Austin, been there for like a 100 million years...... I need to get my eyes check, I'll look into it though. I have really sensitive eyes to light though so I really need it and not just for looks!!!

Sent from God's Country

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
358 Posts
Yep, I have mine also, and oddly, NEVER been stopped. Had a ticket recently(speeding) and the cop never even looked at anything, have the window down when they come up. Ive never had any hassle me for it being too dark, but maybe because they have more important shit to mess with around here, lol.

I asked about getting one at the DPS and that's what the trooper told me and the guy at the tint shop said the same and that is the go to tint shop in Austin, been there for like a 100 million years...... I need to get my eyes check, I'll look into it though. I have really sensitive eyes to light though so I really need it and not just for looks!!!

Sent from God's Country
The DPS dont issue it to you at any location(although they should have the paperwork to fill out) You can download the form online, then fax it in to the state and theyll mail out your letter.

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
That's nuts! I got tagged for having 30% on the front windows instead of the 43%...Utah sucks haha!

I wouldn't make to the end of my street with any tint on the windshield before they pull me over. You guys have nice cops to get away with that dark of tinting haha... It is now a misdemeanor offense to have too dark of tint instead of just a fix-it-ticket in Utah (SOO ridiculous). Mine is getting 50% on the sides and 5% in the back. Gonna look....crappy!

Oh well, you guys enjoy your dark tint...
You still one up us, we aren't allowed any on the sides at all

·
Matt
1,106 Posts
Yep, I have mine also, and oddly, NEVER been stopped. Had a ticket recently(speeding) and the cop never even looked at anything, have the window down when they come up. Ive never had any hassle me for it being too dark, but maybe because they have more important shit to mess with around here, lol.

The DPS dont issue it to you at any location(although they should have the paperwork to fill out) You can download the form online, then fax it in to the state and theyll mail out your letter.
I knew they don't issue. I was getting my license renewed, an I asked a trooper what the law was. He said I'd still get a ticket anyways even if I had a med waiver

Sent from God's Country

·
The Tint Man
654 Posts
No you wont , Ive been pulled over over tint and NEVER got a ticket. I show waiver and they pretty much say" have a nice day "...
To get waiver you need to get paperwork from Doctor that needs to go to DPS and they send you the actually waiver that is tied to vehicle

·
Matt
1,106 Posts
No you wont , Ive been pulled over over tint and NEVER got a ticket. I show waiver and they pretty much say" have a nice day "...
To get waiver you need to get paperwork from Doctor that needs to go to DPS and they send you the actually waiver that is tied to vehicle
And now I'm going to the eye doctor....

Sent from God's Country

·
Registered
480 Posts
Without prying to much what are these "medical conditions" everyone has? If light hurts your eyes, then does that mean you can't drive at night with all the headlights of oncoming traffic?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I dd my 04 with 5 on 20 on 20 on the front, 5 on 20 on factory on the back sides, 5 on 5 on factory on the back window, and a 4" 5% brow. Seeing at night is overrated. Headlights are little dots. They register 1% on the 5-0s meter.

Sent while driving.

·
The Tint Man
654 Posts
Without prying to much what are these "medical conditions" everyone has? If light hurts your eyes, then does that mean you can't drive at night with all the headlights of oncoming traffic?
To be honest, my thing is migraines secondary to light. Have had two day surgeries and still have migraines every fuckin day all day long, intensity varies throughout day. Just started seeing a neurologist to find out root of condition.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
358 Posts
Photophobia, sensitivity to light. I have issues with bright light during the day(and dont drive much at night anyway). Its not the issue of driving at night really, its just helping to shield from the bright light during the day.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts