GMC Truck Forum banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Nuke 'um ... just sayin'
273 Posts
You still one up us, we aren't allowed any on the sides at all
Dang that's rough! I'm surprised they don't allow any. I don't enjoy driving around with 2.5% like these guys do; too hard to not run over people at night haha. But at least having 50% is better then none. They must have had some officers get shot at through the window or something to be that strict. Speaking of which...man I would be nervous walking up to one of these 2.5% all around trucks!

·
Shit Disturber
1,964 Posts
On vehicles that I've had with no tinted windows from the factory I use 15% all the way around. You can see silhouettes but not faces, and you can't see in at night. If the rear windows are tinted, I just match the front to it, which is usually 15% also. I have never been hassled in over 15 years. BTW, I'm in California and its illegal to have any side tint at all.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
15-20% is the sweet spot :imo

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,553 Posts
20% on the front two and 35% over factory on the back three

5DB4A17C-5F68-41FD-A284-7FC814EC68C6-1774-0000018FFF8F53F8_zps994f3fbc.jpg

·
Matt
1,106 Posts
Photophobia, sensitivity to light. I have issues with bright light during the day(and dont drive much at night anyway). Its not the issue of driving at night really, its just helping to shield from the bright light during the day.
^this

Fluorescent and sun light give me a hard time and lots of headaches. Night time isn't so bad I just have to look down and to the right if I can't see but that's mainly if someone has their brights on. And even at that I'll get a headache if the lights are really bright like mis-aimed HIDs. But mainly sunlight and fluorescent lights are what do me in. Sometimes during class fluorescent won't bother me but sometimes it really bothers me, it just depends I guess. But sunlight will do it to me everytime I go out without sunglasses on

Sent from God's Country

·
Milk Was a Bad Choice
270 Posts
I ran 5% on the front doors, a 5% eyebrow, 15% on the rear doors, and 15% on the back window of my dodge ram. I liked it a lot but it was pretty dark at night.

I think I might just go with 15% on the front doors with my chevy.

I've never been harassed for tint in my state and it's illegal to have any tint on the front doors, but you can run 1% on any rear window and it's legal. Riddle me that one!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Black windows make a truck look so damn sexy its not even funny haha
Ill post a night picture for you guys, HIDs help but I live in Phoenix so there are so many street lights plus being summer time its light till 8pm

·
Registered
400 Posts
Tint laws are so inconsistent its unreal. Explain to me why a officer needs to see in the driver & passenger window in a Tahoe yet legally you could(if you wanted) spray paint every single window behind the driver & passenger window straight black.
Out here the tint law is so relaxed its not even funny & its very common to see black out windshields.
Shoot the other day before I had my rollpan installed, I was pulled over. After explaining politely to the officer that I am building a "show truck" :signs6: & explained to him the the tint will not be removed, the smoked tail lights will not be replaced & the windshield will stay black he let me go.
Fancy me that one, Ill never be able to go to Cali though

·
Registered
400 Posts
Tint laws are so inconsistent its unreal. Explain to me why a officer needs to see in the driver & passenger window in a Tahoe yet legally you could(if you wanted) spray paint every single window behind the driver & passenger window straight black.
Out here the tint law is so relaxed its not even funny & its very common to see black out windshields.
Shoot the other day before I had my rollpan installed, I was pulled over. After explaining politely to the officer that I am building a "show truck" :signs6: & explained to him the the tint will not be removed, the smoked tail lights will not be replaced & the windshield will stay black he let me go.
Fancy me that one, Ill never be able to go to Cali though

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't see how dark tint should matter period, if your windows are rolled down when an officer walks up to your window. I'm all for protecting police officers doing their job but I feel like tint shouldn't matter if someone rolls their windows down before the officer walks up.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,294 Posts
5% on everything but the windshield.

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Since my truck came tinted from the dealer I guess they did the windows the legal limit, which is 20% but I'm sure mine are 35%. I bought some of that static cling on tint at 5% and threw it on top of the tint in the back window. It's absolutely perfect for me since I have a single cab. Can't see through the window from the rear or front of the truck. But I can still see out. At night all I see are little dots of light though lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have yet to tint the front windows on my truck, but I think I will go with 35% to fly under the radar with the cops. I had 20% rear and 35% front on my BMW and loved it. Factory tint on the back windows has to be around 20%, right?

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
I have yet to tint the front windows on my truck, but I think I will go with 35% to fly under the radar with the cops. I had 20% rear and 35% front on my BMW and loved it. Factory tint on the back windows has to be around 20%, right?
I got mine matched to the back glass and it's perfect. Dark enough that you're not in a fishbowl, but light enough that I can see perfectly out at night. I want to get like 50% on my windshield now to bring everything a bit darker, but I doubt I'll ever go darker than 20% on the sides and back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got mine matched to the back glass and it's perfect. Dark enough that you're not in a fishbowl, but light enough that I can see perfectly out at night. I want to get like 50% on my windshield now to bring everything a bit darker, but I doubt I'll ever go darker than 20% on the sides and back.
I wish I could do 20% to match the rears but that is just asking to get stopped by the cops all the time. With my 35% on the front of my BMW I got 4 tickets in the 8 years I owned it. I have really light-sensitive eyes so it is much more comfortable for me when I have tinted windows.

221 - 240 of 248 Posts