GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed a semi and rock wiped out my entire mirror assembly. Can someone tell me how to access to remove in order to replace with a new one. Please and thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the size of a plum. Scared the sh_t out of me. Lucky not the windshield or grille I suppose.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
not sure about the nnbs but on the nbs trucks you remove the sail shaped panel on the inside of the door pull the top out first then the bottom slides up and there's three 10mm bolts that hold the mirror on, and a plug if you have power mirrors.

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
It depends on if it's powered or not. If it's not powered and is anything like the Silverado's all you have to do is pull off that triangle peice. there should be some foam there...pull it out and you will see 3 bolts. Take those off and tada.

If it's powered you have to remove the door panel and disconnect the wire and then follow the steps above.

Edit: Damn...Dalton pretty much typed the same thing as me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure about the nnbs but on the nbs trucks you remove the sail shaped panel on the inside of the door pull the top out first then the bottom slides up and there's three 10mm bolts that hold the mirror on, and a plug if you have power mirrors.
So pull the top of the sail out and then the bottom slides up..thanks

They are power so the door panel too for the wires eh?
Thanks

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
They are power so the door panel too for the wires eh?
Thanks
Not sure what you're asking there, but if you're asking if it's necessary to take off the door panel...I doubt it. It's not in the NBS. The plug is right there when you take off the triangle piece. I can change a mirror in about a minute's time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not sure what you're asking there, but if you're asking if it's necessary to take off the door panel...I doubt it. It's not in the NBS. The plug is right there when you take off the triangle piece. I can change a mirror in about a minute's time.
on '07+ the plug is under the window/lock/mirror controls (underside of the armrest). you have to remove the door panel to swap powered mirrors...or at least loosen the upper half of the door panel to gain access to the plug.

here's a pic from when i swapped my mirrors, with the door panel loosened:

mirror1.jpg

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
Gah! Why the faulk would they do that? That's bullshit.

If I had to do that once, I'd take that opportunity to extend the harness so the next time it will be available behind the triangle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts