GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm not sure where to wire the transmission temp gauge to. Anyone know how to hook one up?

Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just buy an esky cluster. Thats what i did. Plug and play.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
slice your trans cooler line,install "T", install sending unit, wire, install gauge, shammwow.

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
I wanted the esky/'nali cluster but I got tired of searching eBay for one. Plus mine was only 40 bucks.

I screwed the temp gauge into the test port on the driver side of the trans. I heard its off by 30-40*, but it serves its purpose and tons easier to install :imo

Edit: found a couple threads that I used,
Dimmer/light wire
Test Port

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
If you can borrow some OBDII equipment like a ScanGauge II, you can get your transmission temp and compare it to your gauge to see how far off it is.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By guage I mean that I'm buying a pillar and a couple of guages and Im going to use one for my trans temp.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Either I do this or I just buy a Bully Dog Watchdog.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Its already pre-wired for the trans temp in the cluster harness. All you have to do is tap that wire and you're set. I don't remember which wire it is though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats exactly what I plan on doing just putting it in a different spot, the one guy said to cut the hose and T'joint it but thats not what I meant.

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Oh, thats why I posted those threads that show how to read off the test port. Much easier and fool proof.

Ive thought about the bully dog and scangauge, awesome products just too expensive for me. Would rather spend the $ in other areas.

After looking at the thread about the sensor location, I realized thats a different method than what I used. There is a screw in the middle of the drivers side of the trans. Its a pressure port. Just remove that bolt and screw in probe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone tracked down what wires to tap behind the gauge cluster to add a after market tranny temp gauge without all the hoop-la so we can just use factory wiring?

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
I got an Interceptor for my transmission temp in my A pillar. It has a ton of other stuff you can monitor as well, but it easy to install, as you just log into your OBDII.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI
can any one give me the steps for installing transmission temp gauge
and turbo boost gauge
and full injector bump Pressure gauge
and if you have anther idea on gauge gave t to me

i have Chevy silverado 1994 6.5l turbo diesel plz

and if you have pic that well bee nice

thank you >>>>> :untitled:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts