GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, does it look like my truck has been lifted at all in the front? The back looks to have the factory cast steel blocks, but it's a bit higher in the front then the back. This picture is with 285's on it.

DSC04256.jpg

What I want to do is put either Silverado SS or Tahoe 20's on it, with 305/50/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers (I think that's what they're called)

Opinions on how it'd look? Going to need another inch or so of lift maybe?
Anyone done or seen this, pics?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If the front is higher than the rear and it's still got the factory blocks then it's been cranked up. 305/50s will fit fine on it, maybe even a 305/55. I've seen a couple of trucks w/ that combo..I think Steven on here ran the 305/50s on his Z71. Looks pretty good, just not alot of sidewall with that setup. If you're going for the "off-road" look, I'd do 18s with the 325/60/18 Nitto TGs...they fill out the wells nicely, JMO.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ran Toyo Open Country AT 305/50 20's on mine with 20x9's without any rubbing at all and no crank of the TB's

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have pictures of it Josh? I'd really like to see how much sidewall is there.

I am not really going for function... I freak if I have to drive it on gravel roads (you could say I'm a pavement warrior I guess) I just fell in love with the mean look of my brother's duramax truck with 33's and thought it'd look good. On the flip side, I hate most aftermarket wheels, so I figured a factory 20" wheel would look good. Otherwise I'll keep the stock wheels, as I like the look of them also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry man, I just sent you a PM, Ill get some pics up later today

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but what's the tallest tire you can go with the stock keys cranked with stock 16" rims? Thanks.

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
stock rims and fully cranked people have sqweezed 35s on, but thats a really skinny tire, and there will be some rubbage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was wondering too cause I was thinking just a crank,keys maybe and some rear blocks for my 2wd 06 and then maybe 33-35s on stock 20's

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If its a 4x4 with stock blocks and ford keys... 315's or 35's.... yout then trim the inner plastic fender so it wont rub.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Its probably not much help, but I figured I post up anyway. My wife and I have a 01' Tahoe that when we bought I thought I was gonna run some BFG A/T 285/75/16's on. I cranked the factory keys up to sit level. Then we changed our mind and decided to run some chrome SS 20's. I picked up a set of genuine SS's off ebay and put them on the Tahoe. I'm running 275/55/20's which is the stock size tire for those wheels. But, with the Tahoe cranked up I wouldn't want them any shorter unless I dropped it some. The 275/55/20's measure 32" tall. Now your talking about running a wider, probably more aggressive tire too. But anyway, here it is:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts