GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning new system for the Dodge. I used to compete in SQ and SQ+ with my old black chevy but have been out of the scene for 4-5 years. I'm not into the bumpety bump bump rap stuff or SPL systems, just good old SQ. I sold and installed custom stuff for about 5-6 years or so. Anyway, heres my plan:

-Source:
--Pioneer DEH-P8600MP --- Don't like the 9600 due to having to fold face to see OEL display

-Equalization:
--Audiocontrol EQS --- running all 6 channels

-Crossovers:
--#1: Audiocontrol 4XS --- inputs being Front L/R out of EQ w/6 channel outputs of low/mid/high
--#2: Audiocontrol 2XS --- inputs being Rear L/R out of EQ w/4 channel outputs of low/high

-Amplification:
--Front L/R Highs --- Arc Audio XXK2050 or Audison VRX2.150
--Front L/R Mids/Lows --- Arc Audio XXK4150 or Audison VRX4.300
--Rear L/R Highs/Lows --- Arc Audio XXK4150 or Audison VRX4.300
--Sub --- Arc Audio XXK4000 or Audison VRX1.500

-Drivers
--Front L/R Highs --- Dynaudio MD100
--Front L/R Mids --- Dynaudio MD140
--Front L/R Lows --- Dynaudio MW160
--Rear L/R Highs --- Dynaudio MD100
--Rear L/R Lows --- Dynaudio MW160
--1 Sub --- JL 12W6V2 or Focal 33KX

Nothing will be passively crossed, all active. 4XS runs the fronts and the 2XS runs the rear while the Sub just runs through the EQS eq, level control will be through the source. Not sure on if I want to run the ARC XXK series amps or the Audison VRX series amps yet, the Audison's are hard to find in the US though... The sub choice is unknown as well, I'm only going to run a single, either the 12" JL or the 13" Focal, both are great with the Focal being a little more SQ oriented and the JL being a little more SPL orriented, which may be needed due to the single sub.

Whatcha think?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Id do the Focal subs, the amps Id go either way.
I personally might not do the Audiocontrol stuff unless they have gotten their sq and signal-to-noise stuff up to par

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
your going for sq then what are the rear fill for? loose those becasue they will mess up your stageing
other than that you have good taste in equipment

remember the KISS philsopy when doing a sq system and imo it will turn out better

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
You'll need dynamat(or a comparable sound deadener) and lots of it!
Whenever you get around to tearing the Dodge apart, let me know and I'll be glad to help you out Jason :anitoof:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, forgot I posted this...

Anyway, about the rear fill, in my old truck I had a monitor for the backseat and people could watch a dvd or play a game while on trips and use the rear speakers for that while the fronts played whatever I had on. It was all switchable which is what I'm thinking of doing with the dodge. I go on a ton of long road trips and usually with people in the back and was thinking of adding some monitors in the head rests or something just to keep them from complaining... It's a ways down the road though and I'm just doing the front stage for now. I could even run just some cheaper components for the rear as well.

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
jason, could you list the NBS QC dodge speaker sizes off the top of your head? where do you plan on putting the sub? thanks. i think you know why i want to know :shake:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Under the rear seat there is a storage area. On both sides torwards the front of the seat there are some deep pockets about 14" square and about 12" deep from bottom to bottom of seat. I'm goin to put the single 12 there firing up and the rest of the area under the seats will house the amps and processors.

Upper dash has a 3.5" on each side if you get the premium audio system, not sure if they are there in the standard audio system... Front doors are a 6x9 (ick) and the rear doors are a 6.5".

I plan on doing the Dynaudio 6.5's in the doors then the 3" soft dome mid and the tweeter in the kickpanels somewhere... Haven't really looked much yet since I don't have the drivers in hand to look at the physical size and space requirements.

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
03-04 dodge system install thread

willyswanter said:
Under the rear seat there is a storage area. On both sides torwards the front of the seat there are some deep pockets about 14" square and about 12" deep from bottom to bottom of seat. I'm goin to put the single 12 there firing up and the rest of the area under the seats will house the amps and processors.

Upper dash has a 3.5" on each side if you get the premium audio system, not sure if they are there in the standard audio system... Front doors are a 6x9 (ick) and the rear doors are a 6.5".

I plan on doing the Dynaudio 6.5's in the doors then the 3" soft dome mid and the tweeter in the kickpanels somewhere... Haven't really looked much yet since I don't have the drivers in hand to look at the physical size and space requirements.
now i see what you mean, i think i'm going to get a 2x10 sealed box. the storage area is perfect for subs. i'll probably just throw some infinity 6x9s and 6.5s. still trying to find an install kit to fit the rounded hole in the dash.

·
Registered
136 Posts
awesome choice on the Dynaudio equipment, i have the MW170s in the door of my 'rado (8" midbass drivers) and the md140s and md100s in the kicks - awesome setup - all running off of an a/d/s/ PH30.2

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I do not like all the extra crap like the Audiocontrol euipment. If I were you I'd look into a clean signal unit, like a Nakamichi or Denon (that pioneer will work well) and set it up with some of the Zapco hardware. I know a guy that uses their symbilinc stuff and it's beautiful.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/kliftonjk

That guy has a similar set up and I've heard it in person, stunning to say the least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts