GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size valve's and air pressure does it take to get a ext cab 5.3 do small bunny hops? i dont wanna fuck anything up but wouldnt mind having an air system fast enough to do that.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
1/2 valves rated at 200-300psi (again kinda a guess) and run it on nitrogen instead of air. Might wanna PM grounded...he ran nitrogen and he may know more than I kinda know...lol.

Cameron

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
not sure what you mean by bunny hops... but

a couple weeks ago, i hung out with a guy with a S-10 that hopped his truck on air all the time. You can do it, you just will need a relatively fast system. He ran an air commander up to 200-250 psi. Instead of a pressure switch, he had a on/off switch and a gauge for his tanks, so he could choose how much pressure he was running. He ran dual port 3/4 inch valves and was able to hop it a good 6-8 inches every couple of minutes. My friends caprice hops 6 inches on 210 PSI of air. 1/2 inch valves with the inlet valves mounted on the bags. Neither of them run shocks. Its possible to run shocks and hop, i've just never seen anyone do it that way though

The easiest way to hop, no shocks, valves mounted on the bags, and dual ported bags. Then its just a matter of how much pressure your running:read:.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Don't lisen to Cam, I don't know anything about hoping. When I ran nitrogen I kept it between 180-200 psi, most often 180 psi. If your really that set on doing it, go with 1" valves and lines and a compressed gas(nitrogen/heliem).

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
grounded said:
Don't lisen to Cam, I don't know anything about hoping. When I ran nitrogen I kept it between 180-200 psi, most often 180 psi. If your really that set on doing it, go with 1" valves and lines and a compressed gas(nitrogen/heliem).
I stand corrected:)

Me---> :pow:

Cameron

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess i wont be hopping any becasue i didnt want to go any bigger than 1/2"(cost too much). but oh well i guess i need to do what they say

"dont hop it, bodydrop it"

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im having second thoughts on that hopping idea all the trucks i have seen hop blow bags a lot and it looks like it fucks shit up when you get into high pressure

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
it takes alot to blow a bag while hopping. The most you can throw at a bag is about 200 psi. Guys that are blowing bags out are running 250+ psi. but from what you're saying it seems you just want a really fast system.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2k1slvrdo said:
it takes alot to blow a bag while hopping. The most you can throw at a bag is about 200 psi. Guys that are blowing bags out are running 250+ psi. but from what you're saying it seems you just want a really fast system.
basically thats what i wont. very fast on the way up but i want to be able to adjust the height on the way down. im probally going with 1/2" dumps but if thats too fast i will try one of those mufflers 01GMC was talking about.

should i run 3/4" line and fills (its going to be hard wired with copper(yea i dont care, it will look like a dull penny) or will 1/2" be enough with the air commander and a diffrent pressure switch that goes to 200psi instead of the 145 one you get with the kit?

sorry if thats incoherant i had a few beers taking my bumper off today... :crazy:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
tuckin22 said:
basically thats what i wont. very fast on the way up but i want to be able to adjust the height on the way down. im probally going with 1/2" dumps but if thats too fast i will try one of those mufflers 01GMC was talking about.

should i run 3/4" line and fills (its going to be hard wired with copper(yea i dont care, it will look like a dull penny) or will 1/2" be enough with the air commander and a diffrent pressure switch that goes to 200psi instead of the 145 one you get with the kit?

sorry if thats incoherant i had a few beers taking my bumper off today... :crazy:
valve placement is very important. Put thoose valves on the bag, and you'll have really fast ups, put your dumps anywhere and it should be pretty easy to handle. My friends caprice has both valves on his bags(dual port) and it can hop on 180 psi, where me with 175 psi, am no where near hopping b/c my valves are placed on my frame rails under my front doors

1 - 20 of 20 Posts