GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my transgo sitting here but havent installed it yet. Anyway how hard is it to do? Can the average guy do it? Im just afraid of fubaring my tranny.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Any valve body experience?

If not, buy the ATSG manual and read it a few times before doing anything.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Its a messy job and not for the faint of heart... I had help from a buddy who had done them before when I did my first one and I don't think I'd attempt it if you haven't done one before. After going thru it the first time I could do it now, but only b/c I've been thru the process once before.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
is it that much of a process? I've got a kit for my 4l60e and a vette servo waiting to go in.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
The instructions and the ATSG manual don't make it look like any big thang:imo

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol well by the way it sounds i should leave it the hell alone lol. Ill just pay somebody to do it and flush the tranny as well

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
60 vs 80 have pretty different valve bodies...

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
The instructions and the ATSG manual don't make it look like any big thang:imo
I wouldn't say its hard... not exactly easy, but if someone tries it and they're not familiar with transmission work it probably isn't something they want to try and figure out as they go.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
seems like you could easily make a very EXPENSIVE mistake

Yup, quite easily. It's a learning curve, as with anything. If you have never been in one before, get a half-smart pal over and all the documents/manuals you can.

Hopefully Kyle will do a writeup when he goes through his 80E here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts