GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I am wonderin how hard it will be to put an HD front bumper on my tahoe? I have a hood already and I have to buy a new bumper since mine is all bent to hell:flame: ! I know the grille just snaps in place the only thing is gunna be getting the bumper to fit:think: . Also will the Z71 hoe valance work with the bumper I think it will I'm just not sure??

·
Registered
807 Posts
pretty sure the bumper is the same its just the top and bottom valances...dont know about the brackets tho. the z71 valance will work. i heard something about you have to lift the bumper or lower it down an inch or 2 somewhere dont know anything about that...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
the bumper is the same. all that is different is the top cap, and yes the Z71 valence works, i had it on mine.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
it wont fit. it will have to be lowered to clear on the sides under the fender, and also under the parking lights. this is with the bumper lowered... you can see how close the cap is on the sides to the fender and lights.. i had ZERO bumper gap

spring_break1.jpg

·
professional smartass
5,586 Posts
well you could make a small plate of steel drill 4 holes bolt to on the factory bolt holes and run 2 new bolts through the the lower holes and through the bumper

just pulling it out of my ass but seems like you could make that work or drill new lower holes in the brackets if there is enough room

i would have to look at them to see for sure i havent seen a set in a while

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
its really not that hard as long as you can weld, best bet if your worried bout it is get some new brackets, cut the old ones off clean up the area with a grinded and lower it down 1.5" test fit the bumper check you gaps and move closer to desired location, and then weld them up.

·
professional smartass
5,586 Posts
i was taking about the frame horns
the bumper bolts on with four bolts dont it

basically you need the spot the bolts go through lower

so put a piece of flat steel in between horns and bumper with 4 hours

2 in factory 2 that set 1.5 lowerer flat head bolts in factory holes

bumper bolts in new wholes

the horns would never need to be removed

not sure it would work but its worth looking at and would be real easy to do

1 - 20 of 29 Posts