GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to convert my 2000 Silverado dash over to a 03 + dash? All I want is to be able to put a double din radio in. I have manual A/C controls.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i saw it on another forum about a week ago. i cant recall exactly which one but i think it was avalanchefanclub.com...not too bad of a process:imo as long as you dont mind:hack:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
just buy the 03+ dash bezel and lower your ac controls and there ya go!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Denaliano - that link doesn't work for me, but I did register to the site. Can you try to give me a different link.

Forklift - Isn't the HVAC controller taller in the 03+ body style. I would think there would be a gap if I changed the dash and not the controller.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I"m in the process of this, you have to buy the 03+ dash bezel (only difference is the bar under the stereo. then the easy way is to also get the stereo basket out of the 03+ also. the avalanche forum talks about this. it's like 4-6 screws and like 2 rivets. swap those out and it's a 98% bolt in project. You end up having to trim above the ashtray or something slightly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I'd like to see pics once you get yours done LKJR. Where are you guys finding this at on the Avalanche forum? I haven't had any luck yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts