GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high would the gas price have to go before you would consider trading in your truck for a more fuel-efficient car?
Currently I calculated at a gas price of $2 and getting 14mpg in my truck I could save $1000 a year in gas if I would get a more fuel efficient car that gets 23mpg and uses premium like the Nissan Maxima.

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I just wait till they come out with a H2 truck using hydrogen. Probably will be better than those hybrids. I'm afraid a hybrid will fail after 5 years and have lots of electric control problems.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Once We get Moved and settled in Va Beach .... I am just going to buy a POS car.... I will still Keep the truck ..... I figure the cash I saive in gas I can just use to finish the Mods I want to do down the line .... gas here in Northern MI is 2.19 a gallon for reg Unleaded... and I drive an Hour to work one way .... :flame:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
im thinking about buying a bike when i get some stuff paid for and the truck finished just to take some wear and tear off the truck daily driving it but i only live 2 miles from work and dont crusie to much anymore so my gas still is only 70 a month

i wish those t-rex bike/cars werent 40k i would love to roll one of those

·
Registered
832 Posts
I wont ever trade in my truck. Even if it becomes a yard ornament i will always own it. If gas keeps getting worse then i will just continue to cut out trips i make that are unnecessary, here is my order of things i will stop doing if necessary,(first being easiest) going out to eat, going to friends houses, going to GF's house, going to work, going to school. Now i doubt it will ever get so bad that i wont go to work or school, but who knows hehe.

·
Registered
820 Posts
i wish those t-rex bike/cars werent 40k i would love to roll one of those[/QUOTE]

What are those? I can't stand the high prices of gas either i'm thinking of buying a sport bike to save also.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Downfall said:
im thinking about buying a bike when i get some stuff paid for and the truck finished just to take some wear and tear off the truck daily driving it but i only live 2 miles from work and dont crusie to much anymore so my gas still is only 70 a month

i wish those t-rex bike/cars werent 40k i would love to roll one of those
damn i'm at like 50 bucks a week b/c i have to drive like 25 miles one way to community service everyday :pissed:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
shit when i lived in houston and drove a sonoma my gas bill would reach $ 450 a month just from driving for my work (drive to house sites and back to the office all day)

that was back when gas was cheap at $1.20 something :crazy:

·
Registered
86 Posts
A new sportbike really wouldn't save too much money when you figure at least $100 a month payment plus at least $100 a month insurance, and my bike insurance is cheaper then everyone else i know. Trust me I know. I have more then one bike. LOL I don't have them to save money.... I just like bikes.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Sevenfold said:
I was fully aware that trucks get poor gas mileage compared to compact cars when my truck was purchased. Gotta pay to play. :bowtie:
:word:

And for Christ's sake Wil, it's DELIVER. You DELIVER pizzas, you are a pizza DELIVERY expert. I could only read "delievery" so many times before I snapped. :LOL: :crazy:

·
2,451 Posts
X2elite said:
A new sportbike really wouldn't save too much money when you figure at least $100 a month payment plus at least $100 a month insurance, and my bike insurance is cheaper then everyone else i know. Trust me I know. I have more then one bike. LOL I don't have them to save money.... I just like bikes.
People would use the gas prices as an excuse to get a bike :read:

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm really debating to sell my truck for a sports sedan. Insurance would be slightly more, but the savings in gas are a $1000 a year and will get more when the gas prices go up to $2.50 a gallon.
On the other hand I'm scared I'll have to put more $$$ in for repairs in the next 3 years. I'm looking at 2000 or 2001 Maxima.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know man the car idea sounds good, but I still need a truck. I bought an 89 honda accord the other day for $500 and all it needed was a new radiator and a new alternator. So i have about 600 bucks in it and it makes an excellent beater/commuter vehicle. Gets about 30MPG.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Dude i'm bithching about gas prices in texas it sucks for yall in cali. :bowtie:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i don't think ill ever get rid of my truck b/c of gas prices...hell, i wanna go propane, esp since ive heard its cheaper per gallon than gas...just gotta set everything straight...gas $$$ for school, work, then cruisin or whatever...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts