GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ive started the colleciton process i was just curious how long it took some of you guys from parts collecting to the finished product? Im sure its going to take me a while. Im just going to order stuff here and there. Actual install will probably be quick. I originally thought about tearing the truck down and stripping the ifs and lift before hand to sell but i dont think i will do that now until i atleast get a hold of an axle and rebuild it.

So anyway how long did it take you all to get it done

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,900 Posts
from what i've seen it takes atleast a year to gather parts... unless your bawlin and can afford it all at once.... putting it on takes a weekend..

If i were you i'd get every part and the axle rebuilt before you take the ifs out....

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
Been doing mine for about a 2 months now. Just have no time to tinker due to work. Gather parts first. Honestly, if you have ALL the parts, I bet you could have it done in 1-2 weekends. Got my front end on in 4 hours after I had the proper leaf springs and hangers.

But yes, taking awhile to find everything too. Plus income is limited, biggest factor by far.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Both Drew and I collected parts for over a year, but once we started we had it done in 2 weekends. One weekend for the front and another weekend for the rear!

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
it took me about a year to collect all my parts... this was on a college students budget though

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
yeah except i cant ever seem to make it 500 miles without running it into something. currently in shop again and still havent got my front d-shaft done or upgraded tires and wheels.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whole reason i was going to tear mine does is because the truck gets parked for about 6 months of the year and is only driven in the summer when im able to bring it from my parents. I live off campus and am a college student so its only the summer that i can bring it down here safely. so far this year ive still only been able to put 800 miles on it :(

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
It has taken me 3.5 years. But, I was also in college, had a girlfriend, played in a band, worked full time, then graduated, worked overtime, married said girlfriend, bought a house.......

BTW I still need put my front axle together and build a X-member for the t-case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts