GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Yukon with 34k miles on the dot. I was curious how long your pads/rotors etc lasted before you had them changed?

·
Going deeper than others
452 Posts
I had to change my pads at around 12K, the damn things made a hell of a high pitched tone when I hit the brakes. I am sure I will need to replace the rotors next gm is known for the rotors warping.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Around 40k but I have a 6in lift and 33s I should have changed them earlier. I had to change my rotors and drums because of waiting so long

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i have 45,045 leveled and BL on 33's and mine are still good.

·
Registered
413 Posts
90000 km(56000 miles) total, roughly 60% of that was with the lift + tires. Still lots of life.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its weird, my fronts are smooth, but my back is starting to get pitted. I have 28 inch rims on thin tires. Might go with a wilwood brake kit if my current stock brakes go bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anyone with a Vmax had to do their rear discs yet? Looking at mine and they look to be pretty much the same as the NBS rear discs.

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
75K and mine are still in decent shape. Truck is still stock though :(

·
resident craigslist whore
1,712 Posts
I just bought the truck at 31k, and I could feel a slight pulsing in the pedal when I test drove it. I didn't bother to say anything tho, I'm gonna do ceramic pads myself and have the rotors turned.

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
I just bought the truck at 31k, and I could feel a slight pulsing in the pedal when I test drove it. I didn't bother to say anything tho, I'm gonna do ceramic pads myself and have the rotors turned.
Might as well just get new rotors. After you have em turned, they'll warp on ya even quicker (that is, if the person whose turning them doesn't fuck em up in the first place. Ask me how i know :( ). Plus they're cheap enough that if you replace em right now, you wont have to worry about having awesome brakes for a month or so before they warp on you again and have to tear it all apart AGAIN. Rockauto.com has A/C Delco rotors right now for 47 bucks each depending on what type of specific vehicle you have.. Just my

·
resident craigslist whore
1,712 Posts
Might as well just get new rotors. After you have em turned, they'll warp on ya even quicker (that is, if the person whose turning them doesn't fuck em up in the first place. Ask me how i know :( ). Plus they're cheap enough that if you replace em right now, you wont have to worry about having awesome brakes for a month or so before they warp on you again and have to tear it all apart AGAIN. Rockauto.com has A/C Delco rotors right now for 47 bucks each depending on what type of specific vehicle you have.. Just my
If I do pads and rotors, it's a $150 + brake job. I have them turned for $10 each. I could have them turned once a year (which is what I actually do) and it would take me 5 years to catch up to the cost of new rotors. I always have my rotors turned on my trucks unless they're shot because the salt and shit eats them up if you let them go too long. Every spring and fall I take my brakes apart, lube the pins, check the pads and one of the two times I have the rotors turned as long the truck is apart. I've never had a rotor warp again within that year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts