radials last alot longer

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,898 Posts
I had 10k on a set of tsl/sx they had about half tread left

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Depends how hard you drive. read intercos site and it will tell you. bias tsls on a fullsize imo 25k max

·
4,725 Posts
Depends on how you drive. It's not about how fast you drive, but more technique.
15-30k

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i have about 2500 on my 13-36-16's, still look brand new with no significant tread wear.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
got 4k on my radials havnt started wearing yet

probily 2-3 years if you dont do huge ass road trips

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
got 4k on my radials havnt started wearing yet

probily 2-3 years if you dont do huge ass road trips
road trips isnt what kills tires. its city driving. stop and go, and turning puts alot more wear than constant freeway driving. The rougher the surface the more the wear will be.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
road trips isnt what kills tires. its city driving. stop and go, and turning puts alot more wear than constant freeway driving. The rougher the surface the more the wear will be.
that pretty much explains it...althrough, interestate isn't good on bias tires. Heat makes bias tires wear quicker.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
then my tires are fucked

fucking roads around me are horrible

hunter you know sugarmill road? The worst road in iberia parish:imo

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
then my tires are fucked

fucking roads around me are horrible

hunter you know sugarmill road? The worst road in iberia parish:imo
haha o yeh
cranked tbars=death on that fucking road

to hell with swampers im running my 235 dueler a/t on stock rims tomorrow:crazy:

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
mine are getting close to 13k and are showing their age

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
i completely disagree. the tires burn down when they are the hottest. mine have lasted so long because i keep them off the highway.

this is only really true for the big tires but thats because they get so hot at speed whereas little car tires zip on the highway like nothing's happening.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Thadeous speaks the truth, the higher the rubber temp the more transfer, the more transfer, the more wear. Yes you can wear tires by turning but usually if you are moving the transfer won't be large enough to overcome the difference in constantly running them at a higher interstate temp.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
in my small town with alot of stop and go, ive got like 15000( bad front end problems) on two of them...and the other two i could probly make it to 20,000 but im just gonna trash em with the other two or use one as a spare

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So if i do alot of 200, 300 mile trips a week and then like 20 miles to school and back theses tires not to good for me to get.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
if you have to worry about how long they will last or miles per gallon do not buy "super swampers" even the damn name tells you what they are for.

i drive mine almost every day. they are enormous and expensive to push around. if you can't hande that then dont buy them.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
My 33x12.50 TSL Radials wore pretty good. The edges of the larger side lugs lost their edges pretty quick, but overall the tread was in great shape after 15k miles. They wore evenly and had a decent amount of tread depth. I could have gotten 25k-35k miles out of them in my light toyota.

BTW, that pic on that website is of Super Swamper SXs, not TSLs. Just making sure you knew.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts