GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long should it take to install a cognito 7-9" kit (or any other susp. lift)? i'm gonna start early tomorrow and hope to finish by sunday evening. to anyone with a suspension lift, how long did the install take you? cognito's a knuckle lift so it should take less time than a full drop hopefully. thanks for the input

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
a month lol. i agree with dirty, bout a weekend

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
done yet? :jester:
nope. didn't start dammit. i overslept this mornin (meant to get up at like 7 and get goin, didn't wake up till noon) and don't want to risk not havin a vehicle this coming week. plus it was cold. i guess it'll have to wait another week or maybe 2. fuck.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
nope. didn't start dammit. i overslept this mornin (meant to get up at like 7 and get goin, didn't wake up till noon) and don't want to risk not havin a vehicle this coming week. plus it was cold. i guess it'll have to wait another week or maybe 2. fuck.
been there, done that...its worth it in the end to not be rushed. MUCH better outcome.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Took me a couple weeks to put my Cognito on lol....... That was working 6 days a week graveyard though and going to school and doing the rear end swap. Also had to call Cognito to address a problem and wait for parts. Nice to have more than one mode of transportation.

·
Registered
367 Posts
lol same thing happened to me but with oil change. I think another big northern will blow through Texas come next week too.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
It took me and my friend friday evening-sunday afternoon to do mine and get everything set right. (Superlift 7.5 inch lift)

·
elitest hd owner
430 Posts
me and my uncle installed the lift,mounted and balanced the wheels and tires, did the front 4.56's,and aligned it in aboout 13 hours. all in one day. front lift took about 3 hours. and most of that was drilling the frame for the strut supports.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
me and my uncle installed the lift,mounted and balanced the wheels and tires, did the front 4.56's,and aligned it in aboout 13 hours. all in one day. front lift took about 3 hours. and most of that was drilling the frame for the strut supports.

Gotta be nice having a lift and all of those fancy tools. I gotta get me a setup like that one day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
did mine in 7 hrs alone.. me and a friend together can do any nbs in 4 1/2.. used to work at a offroad shop. do it on the side now. lift and the right tools are very helpful. experience after doing a hundred is the ticket.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotta be nice having a lift and all of those fancy tools. I gotta get me a setup like that one day.
yep, that would be awesome. we've got a 2 post lift in our second garage, but i discovered saturday morning that my truck is too long to fit into the garage. that was another reason i didn't start workin on it.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
It took me and a buddy 2 days, really took 5 but only 2 were spent working, to put his 4" lift on his 96 F-250. No lift, 1 floor jack, no air tools.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts