GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a deal on a cst 7" lift for my 2wd and i want to purchase a 3" BL because i want to clear 37's... how long will 37's last and where should i look to get a good deal on a BL with the bumper relocater? thansk in advance guys...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
First of all, you wont clear 37s. They will rub like hell. Also it all depends on what kind of tire for how long they will last. The PA bodylift kit comes with everything.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grr... fucking lying website said my truck with 7" cst and 3" BL cleared... well that pisses me off...

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
werd...

http://www.imzzindustries.com/chevy_kits.html

a little more than halfway down theres a blue 03/04... looks like he did a little trimming... btu i really love how it looks... any ideas how i could make it fit, i know ill rub, but is there a way i can make it fit but make it rub less? p.s. i saw that huge grey silverado again today.. what a beast...

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I really dont think theres that big of diff between how a 36" and 37" tire looks and it would def help with the rubbing issue.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, maybe ill run some 36's... haha, i didnt even think of that... how much you think it will rub if i run 36's, trim my airdam and inner fenders?

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok... what would you guys think it i want with a fullthrottle 9.5" and then a 3" BL? what size tires would i be clearing? and i also cant seem to find the right kit on the full throttle website... can someone point me in the right direction? i have a 2003 silverado xcab 2wd... thanks you, and what do you think install would be?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stick w/ 35s. You'll get much better mileage and it looks better on a 2wd truck, w/ the CST you may not need a body lift for 35s. Here's what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well I have the CST 7" kit and 3" Body on its way for my 2wd. Got a set of 36-12.50-16 TSL Radials still dont have my rims but they will be 16x10's with 4.5" BS and im sure I am pushing the limits. If you are not going to do this right away, wait for a couple of weeks till i install mine and I can answer for sure if you will clear them or not.

BTW I think [email protected] has best prices on cst. I got the cst and body lift from him and was happy with the price he had. Shoot him and e-mail or call him.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you want to run 37's that last a long time just get BFG Allterrains. They run small...more like 36.4 unmounted. So i bet they would fit.

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
I am sure you can run 36s with 10" of lift on a 2wd. I ran a 36.2" tire with 9" of lift and glass fenders and little to no trimming and never once rubbed, not even while offroading. With 10" of lift and some trimming you'll be fine if its not gonna see the dirt and even offroading it wount be that bad. Go for the 37's, if it rubs, you can trim, you'll want to go bigger anyway. Everybody and their brother has a 6" lift on 35's, be different and go with the 36's or 37's.
Evan

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so ewogy... u think i should run the CST 7" with a 3" BL? that would be a lot better on my walet, seeing as how i would be soending another $2000 on the 9.5" lift...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I got a &" Fabtech on my 99' Silverado and I run 35's no problem. When I wear the 35's out I will put a 3" BL and run 37's no problem too. Think about it, 7 inches with 35's , 3 more inches...only 2 more inches of tire. They will fit. I did have to take my air dam off and do some minor trimming. I actually ended up geting a custom bumper fabricated to look good and clear better. :crazy:

·
Registered
724 Posts
By the way, the only thing you really have to worry about is how wide they are. I went with an 8" wide rim, they said if I go wider I would rub the inner fenders and theres really no way to fix that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts