GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I might be getting a Killer deal on some double dueces on nitto 305/40/22 tires.

I just have shackles for the rear now, and the rims are 22x9.5's and they most likely won't tuck.

the tires measure 31.5" in diameter. This is bigger than stock if i am not mistaken.

will I be able to fit these on my truck now? I'll only run this size tire until they wear out.

what do u guys think?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
two inch shackles? I've seen a silverado dropped 3/5 on 22s, but he was running the dunlop 30s.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes. I am quite aware of the braking issues. I have Powerslot cross drilled rotors going on all 4 corners.

I will most likely stay with the 0/2" drop I have now until I get some 30 series tires and then lower it.

The tires come with the rims, so I'm pretty stoked... you guys won't belive how much I'm getting these for if the deal falls thorugh. :head:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yeah I'd think 2/4 with that tire. I've seen on dropped 3/4 on 30 dunlops too, That's what I hate about anything bigger than 20", you can't go low unless you bag it.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was planning to go with a 4/7 or 3/6 drop on 30 series tires.... that just depends on proper backspacing and such.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i have seen a 4/6 on 295/30/22 with billet but dont know if it rubbed.

i know mine is very close to rubbing on sharp turns on 285/35/22 at stock height but i have a 7.5" offset and 10" wide rims in front so there kinda deep in the fenders

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
im going with 22x8.5 in the front and 22x10's in the rear on my 4/7 drop. they will fit with the 30 series tires

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
cross drilled rotors have been known to have a tendency to crack when heated to much... careful with those heavy wheels..

i would look into some slotted/dimpled rotors

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
onyx said:
cross drilled rotors have been known to have a tendency to crack when heated to much... careful with those heavy wheels..

i would look into some slotted/dimpled rotors

the idea is that cross drilled and slotted rotors work cooler than the stock ones... they worked just fine on my last vehicle which had 100+ pounds of wheel and tire on each corner, so I am gunna give them another go.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
most likely these:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts