GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to the forum and the full size truck game

i lower every car i get so this is a must was wanting to go a 5/6 drop but ended up buying some 22s with 305/40s on em i wanna go as low as i possibly can on that wheel and tire combo how low can i go?

only thing im concerned about is the fron the rear i can roll the fender and shouldnt have to much of a problem im thinking

but in the front im worried im gonna be slammin the rims into the fender due to the offset..

any ideas or suggestion? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bad i forgot

its 1 99 single cab short bed

already got the wheels on im insure of the offset but there falken wheels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i was afraid of..

im wanting to go a 3/4 drop

oh yeah and there falken status rims the uni 6 lugs

but im still unsure of the offset

but i know they do stick out kinda far so even rolling the front fender isnt gonna help i dont think

·
Registered
283 Posts
i had 2/4 when i had those exact tiresize. you can prolly go 3/5 but u may rub a little. i have a 265/40 tire now. i didnt like the big tires and it raised my height back up

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I had those tires on my 22s when I was at 2/4. Tires are pretty wide and I rubbed. I wouldnt go any lower than 2/4 with those tires

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i guess 2/4 is what ill do

will the truck sag in back on a 2/4?

and i wanna go lower but i like the looks of that size tire..at least for now ill just go 2/4 and when them tires wear ill go smaller and lower lol

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Every truck is different. My rear was like .75" higher then the front. But some trucks come out perfectly level

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ordered my 2/4 drop kit today.. hopefully ill be satisfied with it..prolly wont be but i guess ill see lol

thanks for the info guys

do you think ill need drop shocks like asap or can i wait a little while and add them later?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts