GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my truck is NASTY .. been raining the last 2 days. Second I'm not trying to imply my truck is one of the lowest, I know it's not .. I was just curious where everyone else sat at. I find it strange that we can have the same trucks, same size tires and some trucks will go lower than others while some others won't :think:

Aired out, about 24 3/4"

Just a bit over 1 1/2"

Nasty fenderwell ... my tire is hitting on the purple area, which slopes down to the fenderlip .. I think if my tires cambered in more I would be more in the green area which is higher .. does that seem about right?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Hmm I sit at 48.5" or so, I bet if I let all the air out of my tires I would be at like 42ish, that count? :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark Eternal said:
Hmm I sit at 48.5" or so, I bet if I let all the air out of my tires I would be at like 42ish, that count? :crazy:
Yup :LOL: .. even with mine aired all the way up it's only at 30 3/4"

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
way2hi said:
Well I see in that pic you do tuck rim. I'll have to measure my stuff tomorrow and see how low I sit.
Please! I'd be interested to see how much your fenderwells helped :head:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
with the back end up, my air damn sits on the ground... :read: when u bag the back, ur front will come up too.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
with the back end up, my air damn sits on the ground... :read: when u bag the back, ur front will come up too.
:word: although raising the tranny x-member helps with that.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2k1slvrdo said:
Yeah, I understand that, but it's not like my back end is up at full lift either, when I can do that I'm sure my air dam will be closer to the ground too.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Ride height is roughly equal to a 7/10 drop, but if I'm carefull it can be lower. Never botherd to take any other measurements. Once it drys out if I remember I'll get some more.

EDIT
Well, since I'm a dumbass and didn't realize you were asking about aird out height, I'll have to measure.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bcubed said:
Yeah, I understand that, but it's not like my back end is up at full lift either, when I can do that I'm sure my air dam will be closer to the ground too.
i thought you weren't sitting that low due to camber issues? I am tucking like an 1/8 inch of rim front and back(maybe a bit more but who cares). I guess i'm pretty low for not having anything cut.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
way2hi said:
grounded: off the subject, but you're the only truck that's body dropped on this forum right? Just curious.
Nope, kdubz(I think that's Kevin's SN) is also.....well, he's channled, but you get the same end result.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k1slvrdo said:
i thought you weren't sitting that low due to camber issues? I am tucking like an 1/8 inch of rim front and back(maybe a bit more but who cares). I guess i'm pretty low for not having anything cut.
Well I never said I wasn't sitting low, just that when I was aired out my tires were touching my fenderwells .. and I thought it might be because my tires weren't in the "sweet spot" of the fenderwell where it had more room for tire. I'm just trying to get a comparision with ya'lls trucks so I can see what I might can do in the future to improve mine ... for one, add me to the waiting list for a pair of Justin's fenderwells :worship:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2k1slvrdo said:
Hell yeah your truck is low, your truck is one of the big reasons I wanted to bag mine :worship: .. Justin's truck was the big reason I went with the Maxim Rims :worship: ... or else I would have went with my original idea of Vanguards which now I'm glad I didn't since they look too much like factory Dodge 20s.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
grounded said:
Ride height is roughly equal to a 7/10 drop, but if I'm carefull it can be lower. Never botherd to take any other measurements. Once it drys out if I remember I'll get some more.

EDIT
Well, since I'm a dumbass and didn't realize you were asking about aird out height, I'll have to measure.
Measure what? Yours is easy .. spoiler meets ground :LOL: ... if you want to get technical, I guess you could get a feeler gauge and slide it under your spoiler and see what gap you can fit :crazy:

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
just measured my truck... mind u no bags...

28 1/4 in the back
27 1/4 in the front
with just a little more than 5 inches of ground clearance on my spoiler.

thats with a 4/6 drop on a set of 20's shod in 255/35 kuhmo tires.

i think thats pretty low.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts