GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An upgraded alternator? I have an Optima "Yellow Top" and was thinking about upgrading my alternator too. Been looking at chrome Powermaster units but I'm not sure what to order. How many amps would you recommend (140+)? No stereo system right now but I have two Viar 400 compressors. Thanks. :superhack

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Is this a result of your guys electric compressors? Or your sound systems? Or a combination of the two?

Engine-driven all the way. :)

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I have a 220 amp "Iraggi" alternator. Tribal Vision over on FSC posted alot of info. about his stuff, so I went ahead and bought one about a year ago so I'd have it before i had my air compressors for my 'bags.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LowBlue02 said:
Is this a result of your guys electric compressors? Or your sound systems? Or a combination of the two?

Engine-driven all the way. :)

No problems yet and I love my Viar 400's. :weld:

·
Registered
119 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
An upgraded alternator? I have an Optima "Yellow Top" and was thinking about upgrading my alternator too. Been looking at chrome Powermaster units but I'm not sure what to order. How many amps would you recommend (140+)? No stereo system right now but I have two Viar 400 compressors. Thanks. :superhack

My buddy (Harley Davis) just had his factory alternator built up to 180 amps and is installing a Yellow Top because originally he was go to run the Oasis compressor. Consider getting your factory alternator built up first because he only spent $150.00 doing this.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I have a 140 amp off a cop car I got from the parts store for like $69, I kinda need it to run my 3/4 hp Blowjax compressor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts