GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Now that i have a vehicle that i can put a decent amount of subs in im ready to throw together a vehicle that thumps. I have one amp that im not using right now its a rockford fosgate bd1000 it puts out 1109 (according to the birth sheet) @ 2 ohms. I was thinking 4 18s wired to 2 ohms...be a lil over 250 per sub. I will need to save for a while but in the end it will be either 4 18s, 8 15s or 6 18s. I want to be able to hit 150 atleast. In my old jeep with 9 15s i ran one 1001d and hit 153.5 which is pretty good considering we used one 1000 watt amp. Any suggestion? I like the sound of sealed boxes but most 18s i hav heard in ported boxes slam. I was thinking of running the RF Punch ( or whatever they call em now) 18s. Any miscelanous info or suggestions are welcome.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
Ok Now that i have a vehicle that i can put a decent amount of subs in im ready to throw together a vehicle that thumps. I have one amp that im not using right now its a rockford fosgate bd1000 it puts out 1109 (according to the birth sheet) @ 2 ohms. I was thinking 4 18s wired to 2 ohms...be a lil over 250 per sub. I will need to save for a while but in the end it will be either 4 18s, 8 15s or 6 18s. I want to be able to hit 150 atleast. In my old jeep with 9 15s i ran one 1001d and hit 153.5 which is pretty good considering we used one 1000 watt amp. Any suggestion? I like the sound of sealed boxes but most 18s i hav heard in ported boxes slam. I was thinking of running the RF Punch ( or whatever they call em now) 18s. Any miscelanous info or suggestions are welcome.
You're going to need to do a pass through :superhack
Oh, in your trooper:slap: I'd go for the most power I could get to the subs and have a fun time bumpin :naughty:

·
Registered
779 Posts
18s sealed need a shitload of airspace....ported the need even more...if i was you id do fewer subs in a ported box...or more smaller subs...the system im building now is gonna do 160 on the dash...ported 12 12s...but you're right...on your old system... 1000 watts for 9 15's isnt enough power atall...thats like having a ford aspire motor in a viper...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
how'd you get 250 at 2 ohms? Personally, i'd dtich the 1001 and buy a couple huge audiobahn or MA Audio stuff if you just want loud. Sounds okay and will prbly give you headaches, but u'll definitely get some air moving.

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
hey, adire audio, maelstroms (SP)? they aren't all chromed out, kinda plain looking, but they will wang, and aren't too too expensive. or a Resonant Engineering XXX 18 :head:

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
Beyond Static said:
go for 2 adire brahma's. You can't go wrong with them. Huge sub with a ton of excursion, making for bigass spl.
Yes i agree, 2 brahma 15's would be a good choice, they are loud and are good for SQ as well. they dont need much power, and they use xbl^2 technolodgy which gives it a lower bl curve.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont want expensive subs of any sort...SQ doesnt matter either. My truck is set up for SQ. I dont want to run alot of power to a couple subs. Im probably just going to buy about 8-12 punch 15s from ultimate electronics (buy one get one free!) and run like 100-200 watts a piece. I know everyone wants to runs tons of watts to each sub but i dont want tons of money into this. Me and my bro had 9 15s that hit 153...the whole system was 2 grand. Im going cheap and loud and this is the easiest way to do it.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
I dont want expensive subs of any sort...SQ doesnt matter either. My truck is set up for SQ. I dont want to run alot of power to a couple subs. Im probably just going to buy about 8-12 punch 15s from ultimate electronics (buy one get one free!) and run like 100-200 watts a piece. I know everyone wants to runs tons of watts to each sub but i dont want tons of money into this. Me and my bro had 9 15s that hit 153...the whole system was 2 grand. Im going cheap and loud and this is the easiest way to do it.

I was thinking about running like 8 12s in the Blazer coming off 2 MTX2150s. That would net around 150 each rms and around 300 peak. I could do the whole system for like $600 with the 2 $100 MTXs I have so far plus my discount at work on the subs. I thought I might just do 4 12s off the same amps and keep the ability to look out my back window.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts