GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OG
Joined
·
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does a 4/6 drop kit cost

I was wondering how much it cost for a 4/6 lowering kit for a 02 rc chevy and what brand is the best for the money. Also what comes with the kit i heard it cost anywhere from $400 to $800. I dont have much monay b/c i just lost my job. I will do the work myself except for the c-notch. Also how hard is it to do the drop can i do it in my garage. Any help would be great thankyou. :bowtie:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,987 Posts
with a 4/6 drop youb have to notch the frame.. but i wouldnt have a clue on the price of any of it.. but i'll stay in on this thread cuz i wanna drop my 00 4/6 here soon..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
Re: How much does a 4/6 drop kit cost

Blue02 said:
I was wondering how much it cost for a 4/6 lowering kit for a 02 rc chevy and what brand is the best for the money. Also what comes with the kit i heard it cost anywhere from $400 to $800. I dont have much monay b/c i just lost my job. I will do the work myself except for the c-notch. Also how hard is it to do the drop can i do it in my garage. Any help would be great thankyou. :bowtie:
I agree, DJM is one of the best. The c-notch is not hard to install. all you need is a sawzall or a grinder, a drill with a step bit, and the bolt. i think if you can tackle the rest of the 4/6, the notch wont be hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
I just got my 4/6 installed yesterday. Here is a price breakdown with shipping to DFW.

DJM 4/6 (No shocks) - $440.90 - Stylinconcepts.com (they call it the pro drop kit)
4-Doestch Tech Nitro Slammrs - $179.75 - SportTruckDirect.com
Installation - $433 after tax - www.killerridez.com
Alignment - $59.99 - NTB National Tire and Battery

My notch was welded in, but you can bolt it in and it will be just as strong.

Here is some pics. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1874
 

·
OG
Joined
·
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
low slow 00 said:
with a 4/6 drop youb have to notch the frame.. but i wouldnt have a clue on the price of any of it.. but i'll stay in on this thread cuz i wanna drop my 00 4/6 here soon..
i know i have to c-notch it but im not doing it im going to get someone else to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Blue02 said:
i know i have to c-notch it but im not doing it im going to get someone else to do it.
Know who yet? If not,...talk to badassilverado or LowRed,....they will hook you up with someone in the houston area.
 

·
Loves yoga pants
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
Contact Physh1 aka Cameron...he's in Davis, OK...and does a lot of drops with 5-8Chevy, James, and Kenduhl...they are relatively inexpensive and have done many drops. Send one of them a PM.

Pat
 

·
OG
Joined
·
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will probably have chaotic customs do it right here in my town they do some pretty tight shit they have cars and trucks all over the top magazines
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top