GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OG
15,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does a 4/6 drop kit cost

I was wondering how much it cost for a 4/6 lowering kit for a 02 rc chevy and what brand is the best for the money. Also what comes with the kit i heard it cost anywhere from $400 to $800. I dont have much monay b/c i just lost my job. I will do the work myself except for the c-notch. Also how hard is it to do the drop can i do it in my garage. Any help would be great thankyou. :bowtie:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
with a 4/6 drop youb have to notch the frame.. but i wouldnt have a clue on the price of any of it.. but i'll stay in on this thread cuz i wanna drop my 00 4/6 here soon..

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Re: How much does a 4/6 drop kit cost

Blue02 said:
I was wondering how much it cost for a 4/6 lowering kit for a 02 rc chevy and what brand is the best for the money. Also what comes with the kit i heard it cost anywhere from $400 to $800. I dont have much monay b/c i just lost my job. I will do the work myself except for the c-notch. Also how hard is it to do the drop can i do it in my garage. Any help would be great thankyou. :bowtie:
I agree, DJM is one of the best. The c-notch is not hard to install. all you need is a sawzall or a grinder, a drill with a step bit, and the bolt. i think if you can tackle the rest of the 4/6, the notch wont be hard.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just got my 4/6 installed yesterday. Here is a price breakdown with shipping to DFW.

DJM 4/6 (No shocks) - $440.90 - Stylinconcepts.com (they call it the pro drop kit)
4-Doestch Tech Nitro Slammrs - $179.75 - SportTruckDirect.com
Installation - $433 after tax - www.killerridez.com
Alignment - $59.99 - NTB National Tire and Battery

My notch was welded in, but you can bolt it in and it will be just as strong.

Here is some pics. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1874

·
OG
15,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
low slow 00 said:
with a 4/6 drop youb have to notch the frame.. but i wouldnt have a clue on the price of any of it.. but i'll stay in on this thread cuz i wanna drop my 00 4/6 here soon..
i know i have to c-notch it but im not doing it im going to get someone else to do it.

·
OG
15,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will probably have chaotic customs do it right here in my town they do some pretty tight shit they have cars and trucks all over the top magazines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.