GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how much I should expect a body shop to charge me to Prime(or adhesion promoter) and Paint to match my body color with the following things?...

-3 piece Escalade Engine Cover
-Fuse box cover and lid
-Engine Compartment hood supports or whatever they are called
-Stock Radiator Cover
-SS smooth wiper cowl

-Stock molded Dash bezel
-Center console plate that houses the tape deck, but smoothed for a 7" LCD instead
- Power Window Switch plates

I will be sanding and doing all the preping work other than using the spray gun to paint everything.

-And I am debating on whether or not to repaint my front bumper Cap and smooth the air damn... but how much did you guys pay for just these two things??

·
Registered
489 Posts
2500.00 :imo

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
umm, unless im reading wrong, id guess around $600 bucks, give or take.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
LMAO I said :imo Shit I have no idea ... but if it only 600.00 bucks let me know and I'll ship my shit to them :anitoof:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Not to sure but for mine I got the dash bezel, 3 parts of the center floor console, swith panels, overhead console, and I think that's it. But he charged me around $60-$80. Not sure exactly. And all of that is with adhesion promoter and more sanding after that. Shop around but don't get somebody who is just cheap, ya know. I got the main dash, back wall part and the 2 pillars getting painted righ now. Not to sure what it'll cost though. Shouldn't be much more though.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
are you supplying the paint, or will the shop? I'd prolly say around $500 if the shop supplies the paint,reducers,hardners,thinner, etc.This if only if all that needs to be done is spraying the base/clear coat. If they have to do much prep work, the price will sky rocket!

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beyond Static said:
are you supplying the paint, or will the shop? I'd prolly say around $500 if the shop supplies the paint,reducers,hardners,thinner, etc.This if only if all that needs to be done is spraying the base/clear coat. If they have to do much prep work, the price will sky rocket!

Yes. The place I took my Roll pan and SS Cap was pretty cheap on the work since I did all the prep and sanding work and such. I have a DA sander.. and I'm going to take all this stuff there again. They are fairly linient on the prices there, and I can get a better price on all this if I can get more of an Idea of what I am looking at and work involeved.

And no, the shop is paying for the paint and supplies... You can expect to paint a car w/o expecting to buy the paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts