GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellers, its about that time I guess. My truck just rolled over 109,000 miles and it is friggen falling apart. Actually its not falling apart, it just needs some tender loving care, something that I'm not very good at. I've been looking into these new '04 models and I'm seriously thinking, that after I turn 18 I'm considered a fulltime employee by GM. And since I'll be a college bound student I get GMS pricing, or something like that, anyway, a new truck will be dirt cheap, well, far from dirt cheap, but pretty good for a new truck. Anyway, GMS price + rebates + decent trade in (hehe, i said decent trade in... :LOL: ) = decent payment that I might be able to scrape up if I live off of Ramen noodles and vienna sausages... So, how much would my truck be worth? It's a 2000 Silverado Z71 LS model, every bell and whistle that you can get on a reg. cab truck, Rancho, PA BL, 16x10's, 35's that are in good shape. Just gimme an estimate here...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well my 99 NBS with 80K in pretty good conidition. No body work or anything needed to be done, just cleaned up from mudding. I got like 11,500 for it trade in and I bet they sold it for 13-14K... So im not sure what they will offer you.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
whatever the low KBB is, plus maybe 1000 for all of your mods IF your tires are near new. if they arent then subtract a new set of tires.

part it out :read: you will get a lot more

·
Registered
832 Posts
if you go 04' reg cab shorty i almost think you could use your setup on it. The body lift for sure. I dont think they made any major suspension changes. that would be kinda sweet to get a brand new truck and have it lifted immediately.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I ever lift a truck again, I'm not doing it with a Rancho and a body lift. :read: I cut corners and tried to save money on this truck, I'm not going to make that same mistake on this one...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I dont see the rancho and body as cutting corners. Pretty good setup IMO. I thought I would like having a small fast truck, but nope. Once you go lifted you never go back down...LOL It will catch up sometime and you will get the urge to be in the air again. :head:

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I don't plan on lifting this new truck any, but I said that with my green truck too. But I can tell you this, if I do lift it, I'm settling for no less than 38x15.50's... :bowtie:

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Once you go lifted you never go back down...LOL It will catch up sometime and you will get the urge to be in the air again. :head:
.Aaahhh, how right you are!!! I wasn't lifted, but i had a very ?pretty? 96 ext. z with 33" buckshots and it was totaled by a freaggin deer http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/373149/2 . then I had some kind of temporary brain tumor that made me want a 2wd, lowered http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/373149/1 . Now i want a 4wd i can hardly move. Jake

P.S. i just made this up! "once your in the air...you'll never... go... back... down there" ... OK, it sounded a lot better in my head, please forgive the retardedness of myself. :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts