GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinkin about going with a 2500 lb bag on the front ov my sierra the guys at MIC said that with my DJM 5 inch control arms and a smaller bag and a good sized cup i should get hell of lift any one out there have this application if so hit me back

pig

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have always heard that i am going to stick with my DJM cause it will make it that much easier to lay i don't really need a lot of lift but it would be nice

pig

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Definately use a 2600 lb bag. I have DJM 4" LCA's and ART coolride cups. The DJM arms are not needed, in fact, we built the cups up a full inch to not get horrible lift.

All in all i have 9" of up and down travel in the front :head:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have the uppers also i don't know if that will make a difference and also i have a v6 in mine so there isn't as much weight up front

pig

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
No, i have stock upper control arms. The bag is limited by the shock. We set it up so the bag is at 8" full extended so that it will not be over-extended at full lift.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
way2low said:
i am thinkin about going with a 2500 lb bag on the front ov my sierra the guys at MIC said that with my DJM 5 inch control arms and a smaller bag and a good sized cup i should get hell of lift any one out there have this application if so hit me back
5inch lowered control arms aren't going to do squat with getting you to lay ... you can lay out with stock control arms provided you have the right wheel/tire combo ...all 5inch lowered control arms are gonna do is not get you enough lift for a decent ride if you don't set things up right.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
i have a set of 5" djm lca's and i was going to put them in to get more lift, but i checked out a truck a few days ago and he was running 5" djm lca's and at full lift up front his truck was like 2" taller than mine maybe....and he had a ton of positve cabmer...so im going to stick with my stock lca's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts