GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has had their dash painted, could you please give me an idea of how much you paid. I'd like to get it painted before Apirl and was just trying to get an idea of how much it would be. Thanks.

·
trucknut
412 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
If anyone has had their dash painted, could you please give me an idea of how much you paid. I'd like to get it painted before Apirl and was just trying to get an idea of how much it would be. Thanks.
How far are you willing to travel to get it done? How long could you be without the truck?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
jesus that is alot, im in the process of doing mine myself, i hope it doesnt end up that much

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i paid 350 for the lower half of my dash. My paint guy said it would be like another 400 to get the top all smoothed out and painted.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$2000?? That seems a little high just to get the dash painted. I'm gonna stop by a shop tomorrow after work and get a quote.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Smooth it out yourself...that should save ALOT of money. It is alot of work and you don't want to be paying 60/hour for a shop to smooth it out. I have probably 6 to 8 hours of sanding into the dash bezel alone on mine. I don't have my entire dash done, but i imagine it would be hell to do it all :)

For a shop to spray something that size, i dont' see why it shouldn't be around 200 tops as long as you do all the prepwork yourself.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Complete dash, seats bottom, seat power panel, door sills, kick panels, piece covering the third door lock, A-Pillar covers, air bag box, console connection piece..

Plastic Cleaner
Plastic Adhesion Promoter
Heavy Fill Primer
Sandpaper
Tack Cloth
Red Paint (costliest shitting color every) lol
Hardener
Clear
Clear Catalyst

Yea it's alot but I'm doing it myself and got all the supplies for free :p

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
99redsilv said:
Red Paint (costliest shitting color every) lol
Just curious, how much does red usually run? The guy at the paint store told me the indigo code was "one of the more costly colors" I'm in need of some red to repaint the nose of my firebird since it has 98,000 miles of road debree hitting the front nosepiece :(

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Just curious, how much does red usually run? The guy at the paint store told me the indigo code was "one of the more costly colors" I'm in need of some red to repaint the nose of my firebird since it has 98,000 miles of road debree hitting the front nosepiece :(
Victory Red at Car quest around here is $125 a quart. Thats why I went a shade darker and got mine from Napa, it'll match the color I'm painting the truck this summer

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
99redsilv said:
Victory Red at Car quest around here is $125 a quart. Thats why I went a shade darker and got mine from Napa, it'll match the color I'm painting the truck this summer
:jawdrop:

I only paid 30-35 for a pint of indigo blue metallic and that was dupont chromabase paint, which was the nicest they had. 125 seems kinda high...another place wanted 44 a pint and i left :crazy:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
anyone know if the charcoal gray color is expensive?
Its not bad...Charcoal gray/Storm Gray is the bottom color on my truck and the color i'm wanting to do some of my interior in and that is what was $44/pint. I'm going back to the place that sells it for 30-35 to get it though :) I think it'll look good in your truck, its a nice subtle almost stock looking interior shade, but will be shiney and metallic :rocking:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
99redsilv said:

Y2KSierra said:
:jawdrop:

I only paid 30-35 for a pint of indigo blue metallic and that was dupont chromabase paint, which was the nicest they had. 125 seems kinda high...another place wanted 44 a pint and i left :crazy:
Isn't there 4 pints in a quart?? If the red is $125 a quart, and the indigo blue is $30 per pint, 30x4 is $120 per quart...if thats the case, then the paint is about the same price...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Isn't there 4 pints in a quart?? If the red is $125 a quart, and the indigo blue is $30 per pint, 30x4 is $120 per quart...if thats the case, then the paint is about the same price...

1 US quart = 2 US pints

1 US gallon = 8 US pints

:)

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know exactally what it was, but I knew there were atleast 2 pints per quart...I was just tryin to clear that up for anyone who might have read it too quick to notice the change in units...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Damn I need to start smoothing dashes out. If you have a DA to do it with it's pretty damn easy in the flat spots, but on the top of the dash you need a pad so it'll stay along the "lines." I smoothed mine and did all the prep work then took it to the shop. If you smooth out your dash I'd take your door pillars that connect to the dash and smooth them also. I liked the way they turned out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts