GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a new set of 35x14.5x16 tires and on the website it says recommended wheels size is 16x10 but I'm having a hard time finding some wheels I like in that size. My question is would I be able to get away running a narrower wheel or possibly a wider? Or is that asking for troubles?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
You can run it on a narrower rim no problem. You may have to run a lower pressure to get the tire to wear right

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Correct!

I run 385/70/16s (38/15/16) on my 16x8 Welds. Sure, you've gotta watch your pressures to keep as flat a tread contract pattern as possible for even wear. Would they be better on x10s? Absolutely. But, I had the 16" Welds and wanted big Toyo MTs.....so, here I am.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Correct!

I run 385/70/16s (38/15/16) on my 16x8 Welds. Sure, you've gotta watch your pressures to keep as flat a tread contract pattern as possible for even wear. Would they be better on x10s? Absolutely. But, I had the 16" Welds and wanted big Toyo MTs.....so, here I am.

I feel like I'm always tagging you in wheel/tire/spacer threads haha

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
I had an uncle running 33x15.5 on x7 rims. It was really common back in the day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK good deal cause I'd talked to the guy from the store and of course all he had to say was well it says a 16x10 so that's what I would put on it. Guess I Have a few more options now haha thanks for the input

·
STOCK TRUCK
1,323 Posts
Correct!

Holy crap man. I'm suprised your's dont balloon like a mofo.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Someone say "balloon".... lol.

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
That will be the "In thing" next year for Cencal. Really narrow tires and wheels. LOL

Just messin, don't get worked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts