GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
GM Parts Consultant
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....wash your truck. It seems like I am washing mine at least once a week, if not 2-3 times some weeks. I usually just run it through a good, trusted, touchless automatic but sometimes I hand wash 'er. Is anyone else as ocd about there truck as me?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Guilty. Glad winter is over, I was spending $35 a week on Laserwashes.

Now that nasty salty road spray is pretty much gone, once a week. Cali Dust Mop/Quik Detail daily.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I hardly wash mine because everywhere I go it gets dirty anyway. The only time it stays clean is when I'm at home in Dallas.

·
Registered
871 Posts
atleast once a week

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
at the very least, once a week. i cant stand it being dirty and especially fingerprints all over the doors from people closing them. it shows up a lot cuz my paint is pretty dark and im so anal about it being clean. ive never put it through a carwash tho, its only been washed by me and i plan on keeping it like that cuz i dont really trust anyone else with it

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Once a week on the GMC because it's a bug collector and my DD so it gets a min 65 miles daily... the Tahoe maybe once every two weeks but it's only used around town and stays in the garage.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i use quik detailer pretty much everyday along with the cali dust brush....workin on a farm though, i just give up when we're in season because its impossible, im goin down gravel/dirt roads everyday to get equiptment thats scattered around the county, and getting to fields that equiptment is in that needs fuel, even though i dont like my truck pulling our trailer since its just hooked up to the bumper with a ball and tears the shit out of my plastic.

Summer/Fall/Winter everyday, i drive the duramax everyday in the fall since we're pulling wagons so i can leave my truck under some sheets in the shop so it stays clean.

Dave

·
Registered
405 Posts
At least once a week if my work schedule permits and the weather cooperates.
Sometimes i wash it in the rain even. My kids and their friends think I am nuts.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
At least once a week if my work schedule permits and the weather cooperates.
Sometimes i wash it in the rain even. My kids and their friends think I am nuts.
Actually I have done that too, rain water rinses clean and isn't as hard as the tap water. run out and wipe it down when it stops...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
3 or 4 times a day :read:

ok, not really. About 1x/week on the s10, same for the M. Unless I'm product testing, then maybe a little more often.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Few times a year. Seriously, it's garaged all the time with a THICK layer of dust. :rofl2: Ford receives the soap at least weekly.

·
Vortec Max Owner
21 Posts
Once or twice a week. Usually once a week though, I don't like seeing my truck dirty. I like keeping it clean cause it looks awesome clean.

·
GM Parts Consultant
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Once or twice a week. Usually once a week though, I don't like seeing my truck dirty. I like keeping it clean cause it looks awesome clean.
thats my theory

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
over the winter... I dont wash it. I didnt wash my truck from sometime in October until March.

I do it once a week now... but I'm still waiting for it to really warm up to completely detail it inside and out

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I hardly drive the orange truck, but it still gets washed at least once a week. The Jeep only really gets washed in the winter, and that's only to keep the salt and crud off of it so it doesn't rust anymore than it already has.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Maybe twice a month.. I wish I could wash her more but it never happens. It doesn't help that my driveway isn't paved and that it rains like 4 times a week.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts