GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 6" skykjacker lift and some 35s? My garage is 6'11" and I want to make sure that it will still fit in the garage. I was told it wouldnt fit but my buddy's truck which is an 00 ecsb Z71 with a fabtech 6" and 35" bfg's sits at 6'8". Where is the extra 3" going?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
It will be the same give or take an inch or 2 if he has it cranked up but either way it will fit. If it don't, just trim the garage.lol

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy I may be buying the lift from says his cab is 6'11" its an rcsb with the skyjacker 6" with leafs in the back and 315/75/16s on it. The most I can get is 7' out of the garage door opening. Im just trying to make sure I dont screw myself out of parking in the garage.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decided that lowered truck wasnt my style. I always had planned to lift the truck after I got the speed thing out of my system but I cant stand driving a lowered truck. Plus there are quite a few places near by to go wheeling and its just mroe fun. At the end of this year Im buying a camaro to make fast and have the truck as a truck.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I guess I'm not completely alone in my thoughts regarding trucks. :shake:

Yours should fit in the garage just fine....
Agreed! I always want a fast car or a fast lowered truck but when it comes down to it, I can't part with my 4x4. Its way more useful. So I am going for a fast 4x4.lol

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,274 Posts
i have the FIT kit with ford keys cranked and 2" blocks under my 6" springs and my truck sits at 82-83" plus another 2" for the XM and Onstar antenna. If it's anything like my truck it WILL NOT fit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Instead of guessing if it'll fit or not, do the actual math!

2007 Silverado Classic. Ext. Cab 4wd 1500 sits 74" high.
Suspension lift would add 6"
New tires would add 1.5" (265/70R17 -> 35" = 3" tire increase)

Assuming that your truck sat at the same height (at stock) as an 07' classic, your new height would be 81.5" and should fit into your 83" garage. This is also assuming that the lift and tires will measure at exactly 6" and 35" and are not rounded down.

I'm facing the same problem that you are, but my garage is only 81" and I've got a 2wd crew cab, so I'm going to have to go with a 4-5" lift and 33" tires to fit.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
1 go measure your truck
2 add the amount of lift to that measurement
3 add tire height ( you only get half the overall diameter)
4 then add all that up and it will get you the height you are looking for.....
Bamn very simple mathematics

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow you guys are so smart. But it appears teh math isnt that simple. The guy I was thinking about buying the 6" kit from says his tgruck is 6'11" yet all the other guys are saying their trucks are like 81-82" so its not as easy as just doing the math it depends on whether its a knuckle kit or true 6" drop whether the bars are cranked etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just lift the truck and adjust the garage door accordingly!!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Cody, it can be fast and off-road worthy at the same time! It's just more expensive that way :)

LOL - my 666th post :evil:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Math always works. You have to calc it out to your exact truck specs..... lift, tires, crank bam you got it..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts