GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, this afternoon I was showing my friend a 4ft by 6" stainless steel exhaust pipe that I recently found on the side of the road. We got bored and placed it over my exhaust to see what it would sound like. The tone got much deeper and louder. I was very impressed and started thinking about changing the tips. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone on this site can answer:

Which is louder - pipes out the side downpipes?

What tips should I get for the loudest sound?

When I say tips, I don't exactly mean a little chrome piece that you bolt on, I'm just talking about the end of the exhaust. I would prefer that the entire part of the exhaust that can be seen (where the pipe drops down from over the rear axle to the end) is all the same size and black.

I know many GMFS members here are wondering why I would want a loud exhaust and think it is obnoxious, I agree that it is ridiculous but it's just something we do around here and, since everyone does, it's easy to get away with.

·
Str8upPERFORMANCE
330 Posts
5inch diameter. 12inch long stainless tips. they are called echo tips.

·
Registered
313 Posts
cherry bomb extreme 3inch in 2 1/2 dual outs pretty loud on a stock 305 gutted cat 3inch cat to muffler with 4 inch tips

·
Registered
926 Posts
6x 12 or 6x 18 ( I think I've seen that long?) or make ur own from a diesel stack and go 10x20 :crazy:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
How does yours sound Dizzle?

·
Registered
926 Posts
How does yours sound Dizzle?
pretty damn deep lol just by putting the tip on changed the tone a LOT! i was actually supprised... sense my truck is getting redone and frame painted i cant get a sound clip but ill post one up asap

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Open headers....fuck all the rest! If you burn a valve fuck it just weld it back together! 450rwhp!

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
cut outs! otherwise it will get annoying really quick like how the conway and socastee boys like to run their true dual straights. run like a corsa, borla, or spintech so it sounds pretty decent and then just have a cutout that way you can be loud when you want and still have power when you want.

·
Registered
519 Posts
5 inch tips like cowboy said. Longer is better for more echo/deeper tone. IMO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts