GMC Truck Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
you most def have to take the dash out. that thing is a big bitch...
word, you have to strip it to bare firewall pretty much, heres a good idea of what it will look like once its out, hahaha

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
holy shit alright someone who lives around me needs to come and help me do mine. I'm fricken lost..
How white men Celebrate
so true

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
I'm going to do all the work now, none later. Gonna set it up for 4's the best I can. Which isn't much bigger than my 265/40/22.

·
Registered
130 Posts
for every one saying easy enough
WARNING: Its harder than the pics look
with just normal tools and space
In the pics it looks like a weekend job
it took me 5 months workin like every other weekend with just normal tools. im sure having help would speed it up. And the only advise i can give is take it all apart dont try to just lift the cab like i did it just made it difficult than i ended uphavein all the wires from the engine bay in the cab out of the way to tub it so i could have had it off will i did all the floor work...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
for every one saying easy enough
WARNING: Its harder than the pics look
with just normal tools and space
In the pics it looks like a weekend job
it took me 5 months workin like every other weekend with just normal tools. im sure having help would speed it up. And the only advise i can give is take it all apart dont try to just lift the cab like i did it just made it difficult than i ended uphavein all the wires from the engine bay in the cab out of the way to tub it so i could have had it off will i did all the floor work...
I did mine in under a month. I did my first one ever in that time, too

·
Registered
138 Posts
im also wondering how do most of you guys lift the cab off the frame? just a single cab is a heavy bitch...i just bought a atv winch for like a 100 bucks hopefully that works out

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
im also wondering how do most of you guys lift the cab off the frame? just a single cab is a heavy bitch...i just bought a atv winch for like a 100 bucks hopefully that works out
I use a floor jack with 3 2x4s stacked on. One side and about 3-4" at a time. Then I rest each sid of the cab on 2 jack stands with 10+" 2x4s to spread the weight on the rockers. Takes a long time. a lift would knock a lot of time off.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
here how we got mine off...
034.jpg

·
TjMcallister
11 Posts
hey what size e-fan did you buy for this job?

Nice work

·
Registered
16 Posts
im starting to bag my 98 chevy single cab and i wanna body drop it in the proccess what all has to be relocated do i need a diff mastercylinder and what else im gonna be layin frame on 265/35/22s someone plz help me

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Thanks bud. I'm tall and cheap and I think this is what wil work.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Site is all hokie on my phone thou. Gonna have to jump on the computer and print these off.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts