GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
Holy carp, I just checked car-part.com and there's junkyards that want $300 for it. The cheapest ones want $40 with peeling/scratched chrome, no glass, heat not working, or for the chrome cover only. WTF?

·
Registered
350 Posts
My 2007 classic i have all but the spring assembly pin out, it is different from the pic above. anyone seen this I have pic if needed?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
since my spring is rusted....when I get home I will prob just buy some 03 power fold mirrors and wire them in. Will the plastics from the 01' mirrors I already sanded work on the 03's?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for the info, Took mine off I didn't bother taking the arm part off just put a bag around it and painted around it. I really don't want to cut the spring. You wont see that part anyways?

·
Registered
350 Posts
here is where im stuck any ideas...I cant get the pin/spring out? here is what im looking at the bottom and top. thanxs ahead of time!

IMG_1092.gif

IMG_1091.gif

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
anyone have a extra spring....? Mine was rusted and the damn pass. side mirror wouldnt even fold in! When I tried to fold it in it popped off so I didnt even have to pry LOL. I guess maybe buy a cheap mirror? Will any 00-02 NBS mirror spring work? Thanks guys!

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,348 Posts
for those with 99-02 mirrors,my spring released one day, thus making the mirror flop around. what i did to fix it was, it cut a grove around the metal part that the spring fits around, i then used a c lamp and a large socket to push the spring and retaining ring down, once he retaining ring locked into the grove i cut, it stayed just fine.

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
How to disassemble 03+ power mirrors.

well i couldn't find very clear pictures of the difference of the 99-02 mirrors & the 03+ mirrors so i figured i'd make a little write up for ya'll while i did mine. these are off my 05 & are power, power fold, heat & auto dimming.

of course, first take the mirror off & take the glass out
DSC01462.jpg

remove the 4 torx shown in here, 3 are T20 & the lower left is a T15
DSC01464.jpg

fold the mirror back to reveal this clip & remove the mirror ring, the front will not come off of the 03+ yet & i'll show you why in a few pics
DSC01465.jpg

there is a white zip tie in this pic that keeps you from pushing the wiring harness thru the mirror base, cut it off
DSC01468.jpg

pull the harness loose from the white clip & remove the T20 @ the top of the base (right side of pic) i'll show you why later
DSC01469.jpg

remove the 2 T20s shown here
DSC01466.jpg

pull the mirror off the motor
DSC01470.jpg

now you can access these 3 T20s (only 2 are shown)
DSC01471.jpg

now remove the motor from the base & pull out the door side of the harness
DSC01472.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

shown here is the hidden T20 thats holding the front side of the mirror plastic (you can't get to it unless the mirror is slid off the motor)
DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

slide the motor back in to keep from damaging the wires
DSC01476.jpg

now back to the base, the T20 that you removed earlier & 2 clips are all that holds the metal into the plastic
DSC01478.jpg

finally, remove this white clip to make it easier to install the wiring harness when you're putting them back together
DSC01480.jpg

and you're done
0403002302.jpg

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
21 - 40 of 72 Posts