GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime this spring/summer I would like to have my truck up on 37's. My question is what is a good way to clear em. Notice I didn't say best way, because I'd rather not be completely broke at the end of this project. Anyway, I just need to know a descent quality, affordable suspension lift or combination suspension/body lift to get it up on 37's. Also, if you have any pictures of this, please post. Any info and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
i would think a cranked 6" on an HD would be enough to clear 37's given the right wheels

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
6" lift and narrow wheels on lots of backspacing ie. stock rims

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok... well i'm gonna start saving up for the 6" lift. what is a good/affordable 6" lift?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Pro Comp is a nice kit on Half ton NBS, im sure the Hd are nice too, they are a bitch to install though. cutting, drilling etc

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yup, good bit of cutting and drilling. Make sure to have an entire weekend set aside, maybe more. And have at least 10 sawzall blades and some cutoff wheels handy. But, I'm happy as heck with mine. I just wheeled mine pretty hard at Paragon this weekend and all that happened was my alignment got out of wack a bit. But it could be that big curb I hopped at the rest stop too!

I'm running the 6" Procomp kit, cranked up to about 7.5". I have 7" Betts leafs in the back, but prior to that I was running and AAL and a flat 5" block. I had to trim my front bumper because it would rub when offroading. I have 37x13.5 Toyo MT's on 17x8 MKW's with 4" BS. If you could stick with a 12.5" wide tire on an 8" wide wheel and 4.5" BS, you probably wouldn't have to trim anything.

Heck, collector is running 40's on a 6" Procomp Lift with no body lift. :D

Here's some pics right after my lift/tires:

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
It will depend if you run a 37x12.50 or a 37x13.50...then it depends on what style wheels (stock, H2 wheels, or aftermarket) Then if you want aftermarket wheels, figure out what size wheels you want to run (x8, x9, or x10's). From there you can figure out what backspacing you will need from the best clearance. I have seen an HD around my house locally with a BL and 37x12.50 BFG AT's on H2 wheels...didn't look bad, but it would look alot more "proportioned" if it was on a 6" SL vs. the 3" BL he was running. Overall, your going to atleast need a 6" suspension kit to run them in order to have the LEAST amount of trimming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts