GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cant really see too much from the pictures.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Have you torqued the nut? Getting it as tight as you can....its supposed to be torqued to something like 175ft-lb

·
GMFS Military Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I retorqued it after putting on the washer with an 18" breaker bar.

Like I said it will be tight for a little while then eventually come loose.

·
GMFS Military Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Aren't centerlink's "no-wear" parts?

·
GMFS Military Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just ordered a Moog problem solver pitman arm and a kyb steering stabilizer. Hopefully after all this is installed, I will be good to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do what billy at showoff did for me. I run 38s and still havent had any issue or any signs of an issue anymore

Mine used to come loose all the time and I would tighten it over and over like every week. Eventually I came around a corner and lost all steering to the right because the bracket had broken off.

Billy had the bracket welded back on and two rods welded on each side of the bracket to part of the frame. This kept all that extra stress from transferring to the bracket arms.
It hasnt come loose since then and its been 3 years ago

PM me your number and I can text a pic of what Im talking about
Hey whats up, I realize this post is very old, but if you still have pics I'd love to see em, I run 37s and im running into this problem!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ill send you pic tomorrow its dark out now, but I would get this duplicated asap before your bracket breaks off and you are stranded somewhere.
Just keep tightening everyday and you should be fine.
When it loosens up it allows a slight bit of play and everytime you turn it moves back and forth pushing on the inner walls of that bracket.
Maybe tomorrow maybe a year from now but it will break

ANY shop with metal rod and a welder can do this, takes no special skill or automotive know how
Is there anyway u could show me the pictures also I have snapped 4 studs off my hubb tire went flying then ripped my axel off then busted my idler arm off I have so much play in my steering now it's scary thanks

21 - 29 of 29 Posts