GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thout I would ask what everyone has done to there trucks to get better trackshion with all these mods like Nitrous, Superchagers an any extra bolt-ons. Are yall running 4 links, coilovers or just bags? Whats yalls setup?

·
Registered
736 Posts
silverbullet said:
I just thout I would ask what everyone has done to there trucks to get better trackshion with all these mods like Nitrous, Superchagers an any extra bolt-ons. Are yall running 4 links, coilovers or just bags? Whats yalls setup?
The tires for my rims are 9" wide, i think the stock width is only 6.5-7 inches, that added alot of traction. Changing your limited slip dff to posi with change your 4x1 to a 4x2. :bowtie: srry bout that mistake on the headers, i changed it

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Changing your limited slip dff to posi with change your 4x1 to a 4x2.
:think: Limited slip and posi are pretty much the same thing. Going from an open diff to a limited slip / posi will help out.

:read:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Whifflebat is correct.....posi/limited slip is basically the same. An open diff to a posi or LS would help.

I've got posi and 4 tires out back :bowtie:. I don't have too much of a traction issue....

Cameron

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
Smokinrice said:
FTDan, I saw yours and was talkin to a buddy of mine about it. He said he had some clamps made for that, I could remeber what board or who had this done.
where can you get a posi rear end for a 1997 GMC 1500

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about a 4 link or coilovers? Does anyone have that setup? An what do yall mean by clamping ther leaf springs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have always had the idea to do away with the stock gas tank and put like a 20 gal fuel cell where the spare tire goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts