GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, how do I go about being rid of them? Can I install a resistor into the sensor harness?

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
gotta(be)low said:
Press the dome over-ride button three times. :D
everytime you get in the truck.... or somehow disable the little sensor on the dash that turns the lights on when there is a lack of light. On my truck it is on the rack covered the windshield defrost-er vents.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Y? It has never bothered me, biggest luxury IMO
x2. I love auto headlights, cant even count the number of times I have left my headlights on before and the battery died :flame:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
GMCtrk said:
x2. I love auto headlights, cant even count the number of times I have left my headlights on before and the battery died :flame:
The newer trucks will turn off your headlights/dome lights/any light if left on for a certain amount of time with the key in. Left my cab light on one time, but it went off after like 20 minutes so the next morning I still had battery :head:

·
Registered
343 Posts
HumanZoom said:
The newer trucks will turn off your headlights/dome lights/any light if left on for a certain amount of time with the key in. Left my cab light on one time, but it went off after like 20 minutes so the next morning I still had battery :head:
damn....new technology > me :bawl:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Y? It has never bothered me, biggest luxury IMO
:word: The auto headlights are awesome, the only downside is when u drive another car and forget to turn the lights on. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Press the dome over-ride button three times
I found out about this while crusing back from the track in my Suburban a few months ago. Empty highway late at night with me doing just over 100. I forgot what I was doing but I hit this switch twice (on-off-on-off) and then all the lights were out (no highway lights either). I think everyone in a 1/2 mile radious heard me yell "oh sh*t!". I yanked back on the directional stawk to get the high beams on until my brain caught up and figured out what was going on.

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Full Throttle lift, 37" tires, 4.56 gears, Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction plus more! Whipple supercharger coming soon!
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels - 13.93 @ 95.79 MPH

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
tbyrne said:
I found out about this while crusing back from the track in my Suburban a few months ago. Empty highway late at night with me doing just over 100. I forgot what I was doing but I hit this switch twice (on-off-on-off) and then all the lights were out (no highway lights either). I think everyone in a 1/2 mile radious heard me yell "oh sh*t!". I yanked back on the directional stawk to get the high beams on until my brain caught up and figured out what was going on.
Yikes! I've never done that on accident.. scary.. and I would never do it on purpose doing the 100mph+ thing :crazy: :nonono:

·
Registered
142 Posts
because I am 2 lazy to go out to my truck, get the manual, and read...what is the sensor to disable the DRL's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts