GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 gmc k1500, with a 6 inch rough country lift and 35 inch tires. It just doesn't seem high enough for me, is there any way I can squeeze a couple inches out of it?

right now it has lift blocks and 1 add a leaf in the rear.
could I put another add a leaf spring (or 2) and raise the torsion keys?

·
Sexually identifies as a shopping cart.
4,254 Posts
The best way to lift your truck higher is to search, theres a ton of threads covering this same subject, alot are even stickied.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
BEST ways:

1. Larger Lift Kit
2. SAS

You could always add a body lift, however I advise against that as I am not a proponent of spacing a heavy body away from a chassis. I wouldn't crank for reasons you can search.

Here is a curve ball, have you even geared the differentials for your set up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BEST ways:

1. Larger Lift Kit
2. SAS

You could always add a body lift, however I advise against that as I am not a proponent of spacing a heavy body away from a chassis. I wouldn't crank for reasons you can search.

I have re-geared, I'm running 4.56 gears. I do have a 3 inch body lift kicking around in the garage, but I'm against installing it. body lifts are illegal in my state, so it would be a pain to track someone down who would give me an inspection sticker (and also getting a ticket if a cop knows I have a body lift).

·
Registered
94 Posts
BEST ways:

1. Larger Lift Kit
2. SAS

I threw a 1.5 body lift on mine. Not much but it was noticeable. Can hardly tell it's there and it was a breeze to put on. Depending on the kit you used I wouldn't crank as well.

·
SOONER NATION
90 Posts
I'm new to lifts and have searched, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, can you just do a 1in body lift in the rear? My current lift is sagging almost 2 in in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I'm new to lifts and have searched, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, can you just do a 1in body lift in the rear? My current lift is sagging almost 2 in in the back.

A rear-only body lift will look a little dumb. I'd add a helper spring or a bigger block in the rear.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

No, you don't want to do that. A body lift is spacers that go between your body and frame. Height is achieved by lifting the body up off the frame with body lifts. It would look terrible because the body lines between your bed and cab wouldn't line up. I'm assuming you're referring to the truck in your sig. As new as it is, it isn't sagging, the previous owner most likely wanted the front end to sit a little higher than the rear, so he put a smaller block in the rear to give it a lean. If you'd prefer it level you need to measure the block under your rear leaf springs and replace it with one thats about and inch or two taller.

·
SOONER NATION
90 Posts
Ok thanks.

·
SOONER NATION
90 Posts
Sorry to the OP to have hijacked this thread, I started another one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts